Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sagem Router

This is a discussion on Sagem Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I think they want to do a firmware reinstall on the router, which is probably a waste on time. Someone ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sagem Router

I think they want to do a firmware reinstall on the router, which is probably a waste on time. Someone with the CD could probably send him the software required. It would be quicker than waiting on the CD.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      kano3000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      If you disconnect everything from your router and your router is still unable to connect to the Internet within 3 minutes (the Sagem 2304n takes around 2 minutes to connect), then how can this be a software problem that a CD is going to fix?

What I am saying is that the router is totally independent of whatever computer you have connected to your LAN.

Call again a get someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
      tried again. they are insistent that it is a firmware issue. I quoted the version you mentioned earlier and they seem to believe that it is 'out of sync'.

they wont send a router until they see if the cd makes a difference.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think they want to do a firmware reinstall on the router, which is probably a waste on time. Someone with the CD could probably send him the software required. It would be quicker than waiting on the CD.
      now that would be great. frustrating that the files don't exist anywhere online.

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Call again.

A CD is not going to resolve the router's connection issues. Who ever told you that is either following a bad script or is talking out of their rear end.

Sadly there seem to be quite a few people on the first line of support at Sky who don't know what they are doing.
      Its not that they don't know what they're doing. Its that they are forced to follow instructions which lead to the resolution above or they will be scored a zero QA and blow any chance of a performance bonus. Personally I'm past caring, I send a router anyway, but if you sat and took the abuse we do for the pittance we are paid and had to listen to the crap from people who half the time have read a few forum threads and haven't got the first clue what they are talking about, you might have a different opinion.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
      Its not that they don't know what they're doing. Its that they are forced to follow instructions which lead to the resolution above or they will be scored a zero QA and blow any chance of a performance bonus. Personally I'm past caring, I send a router anyway, but if you sat and took the abuse we do for the pittance we are paid and had to listen to the crap from people who half the time have read a few forum threads and haven't got the first clue what they are talking about, you might have a different opinion.
      interesting. so by calling can I force the issue with a manager and get a router sent instead of a cd?
      Last edited by kano3000; 31-08-11 at 02:58 PM.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
      I appreciate what you are saying Sanity. Unfortunately this leads me to believe that 'Sky Answers' has serious flaws and needs to be corrected.

As for knowing what it is like in a call centre, I do happen to know what you mean.

I trust you will have noted that I always recommend a 'friendly call' to Sky as I know that this can actually encourage both people (the caller & the support person) to respond better with each other.

BTW: I am not suggesting that any individual posted is unpleasant on the phone. I am stating that a friendly phone call will help everyone.

As for responses, there are many people who respond on this forum alone. Personally speaking I sometimes ask for specific information because we all know how easy it is to miss small details. It is also the way a person described the issue that can lead to a better understanding of the problem.

My answers sometimes can be confined to the specific question, whilst other times I elaborate because I know others can read the thread and may require a different choice.

There are many people who profess to knowing everything about computers or the Internet. Personally I know I have limitations, but I can also adapt and learn more.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Sky Answers needs sorting. Definitely. And we might do better if they let those of us who do know a bit about the job use our brains and initiative from time to time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12