Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Dlink bridge to Airport Express

This is a discussion on Sky Dlink bridge to Airport Express within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have sky broadband with a sky dlink router. I want to get this to bridge to an apple airport ...

sparky3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Sky Dlink bridge to Airport Express

I have sky broadband with a sky dlink router. I want to get this to bridge to an apple airport express so I can plug my TV into the network port on the airport express and then my stereo into the audio port.

The airport express supports WDS and can do this when using an airport extreme router. Does anyone know if this is possible using the sky dlink router?

UPDATE:

Turns out the answer to this is no, the sky router will not support wireless bridging. In the end I used my old Belkin F5D7231 which supports bridging as an wireless access point connected to the Sky D'Link router with the wireless side of the Sky router turned off. I can now use the internet on my TV and wireless stream music from any of my computers to my stereo!
      Last edited by sparky3; 01-09-11 at 11:30 AM.

2. Advertisement