Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Sagemcom F@ST2504 N router - pics

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@ST2504 N router - pics within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Interesting, A chap over on Digitalspy forum has a new Sky N router and has checked his using InSSIDer to ...

AlexS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Draytek Vigor 130 + Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@ST2504 N router - pics

Interesting, A chap over on Digitalspy forum has a new Sky N router and has checked his using InSSIDer to 130N.
      I couldn't see a setting for Short Guard Interval on the firmware screen TAl71 posted so I wonder why the
      difference. Could he have been sent the 2304N instead ?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
      Interesting, A chap over on Digitalspy forum has a new Sky N router and has checked his using InSSIDer to 130N.
      I couldn't see a setting for Short Guard Interval on the firmware screen TAl71 posted so I wonder why the
      difference. Could he have been sent the 2304N instead ?
      The Sagem 2304n reports a connection speed of 72mbps.

For confirmation of the 144mbps, see this post: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-r...tml#post335166

A few pages before he mentioned that it was 144mbps but wasn't sure about how to read it. This pic in that post confirms that it is 144mbps. It also confirms that the router only works at 20MHz bandwidth.

I'll have to concede that this is better than the BT HomeHub v2 & v3, but I am disappointed. There are a lot of routers out there that work with higher speeds, at 40MHz bandwidth and have done so for a few years now.

I am not sure about how well the signal strength differs between the two, but I am sure that this will come out in due course.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've seen the InSSIDer screen grabs so no problem there, I was just wondering why the difference from this other chap. ( unless Sky are sending out different versions/firmwares of the same router ! )
      Perhaps it's best that 40Mhz mode isn't available on this router since it's only 2.4Ghz. Many people are suffering because of swamped wireless networks as it is.
      I use a Dlink DAP-2553 access point with my Sky DG934G but only use the 300N mode at 5Ghz as I'm on good terms with my neighbours and InSSIDer shows me they're suffering at 2.4Ghz as it is.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I've seen the InSSIDer screen grabs so no problem there, I was just wondering why the difference from this other chap. ( unless Sky are sending out different versions/firmwares of the same router ! )
      It would be useful to compare routers to see if this is the case. Sky has the facility to update the firmwares for all their routers automatically.

Perhaps there may be something else holding the other router back?

Perhaps it's best that 40Mhz mode isn't available on this router since it's only 2.4Ghz. Many people are suffering because of swamped wireless networks as it is.
      As I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum, where I live I am in range of over 40 WiFi routers. There are a couple, other than my own, that broadcast with the 40MHz bandwidth, but the majority use only 20MHz.

Most are WiFi g, but just under half are a now WiFi n rated routers. If you take into account the WiFi n Lite routers, this figure is over half.

With the router I am currently using the WiFi signal has been consistently good. Previously I have experienced many disconnections.

I use a Dlink DAP-2553 access point with my Sky DG934G but only use the 300N mode at 5Ghz as I'm on good terms with my neighbours and InSSIDer shows me they're suffering at 2.4Ghz as it is.
      Same here.

The next step will be for all of the 24 5GHz channels to be opened up for use. Currently mine only allows 4 channels (36, 40, 44 & 48) to be used. Netgear state that the others will open up when approval has been gained and suitable firmware updates will follow to support their use.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Is the heat sink stuck on or does it have fixing points through the board. If it is the latter, you might be able to remove it without too much problem. The fact that it has a heat sink might not be a good sign, it probably means the chip is overstressed and heats up too much.

If this is what we have been waiting on for years, I am not impressed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      The next step will be for all of the 24 5GHz channels to be opened up for use. Currently mine only allows 4 channels (36, 40, 44 & 48) to be used. Netgear state that the others will open up when approval has been gained and suitable firmware updates will follow to support their use.
      Ouch that's bad. My Dlink allows 36-64 & 100-140 and I'm the only person in range ( 24+ networks ) to use 5Ghz. It would certainly be useful if there was more 5Ghz kit out there.

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Just going a bit off topic here:

But is it possible to use this site to extract the username and password out of the Sagemcom F@ST2504 N ?

Sky router password generator

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tal71 View Post
      Just going a bit off topic here:

But is it possible to use this site to extract the username and password out of the Sagemcom F@ST2504 N ?

Sky router password generator
      You wouldn't know until you try it. They may have patched it but chances are they are not too concerned about people using their own routers.

Give it a shot.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If they have used the same algorithm to generate the password, it should work. But as said, you will not know until you try it

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

it seems daft paying for a good router at a store like pc world or online and then sky suddenly offers to let you upgrade using theres

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast