Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Sagemcom F@ST2504 N router - pics

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@ST2504 N router - pics within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Isitme Is the heat sink stuck on or does it have fixing points through the board.( The ...

Giskard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@ST2504 N router - pics

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Is the heat sink stuck on or does it have fixing points through the board.(
      The (thrown from a distance, ****** as you like) heatsink looks to be stuck on rather than anchored to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If this is what we have been waiting on for years, I am not impressed.
      Have a good look around the components - some of the solder is a bit grim

2. Advertisement
      Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
      You wouldn't know until you try it. They may have patched it but chances are they are not too concerned about people using their own routers.

Give it a shot.

I tried using the link in my earlier post, and it did come back with a username and password, whether they are correct I'm unable to check. It would be interesting to know if anyone has extracted a username and password out of the 2504 and managed to get connected with a third party router.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
      Tal71 have you had chance to run InSSIDer program yet to check the wireless speed ? ( my guess is 130N )
      You're brave, I keep circuit boards well away from carpets as the static buildup can kill the chips.

thanks
      Here's a screenshot for my connection after I had fitted the wireless N card that I got off Ebay:

Last edited by Tal71; 01-09-11 at 10:37 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I streamed some full hd video from my desktop PC to my iPad via the Air Video app. It played absolutely flawlessly, not a glitch, stutter of anything.

I just thought I would add this in case others are wanting to do this with the 2504.

imdag2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNUPK
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

does a sky broadband customer who is out of the 12month contract, who will be re-subscribing to sky broadband to take advantage of the change in price (15 down to 12.50/7.50with talk) counted as existing or new?

i know this sounds weird but i have a neighbour who has sky and did not know about the change in price as they have been with sky for many years and are out of contract.
      i then told them about the new sky router and they wanted to know if they could upgrade for free or will it charge them they also were thinking of taking sky talk/line rental to make things simple (one bill rather than sky + bt bill) as well as upgrade their sky box and sky+box to sky+hd and sky+hd1tb

also is it best to upgrade online or via phone

FTTC Connection: download:40,000. upload:10,000. 5ms ping
      ADSL Speed:
      Connection Speed 18013 kbps 1087 kbps 16db 7db attenuation7db 7db noise
      Download: 15351 Kbit/s
      Upload : 957 kbit/s
      Connects : 2891 conn/min Ping: 19 ms

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imdag2 View Post
      does a sky broadband customer who is out of the 12month contract, who will be re-subscribing to sky broadband to take advantage of the change in price (15 down to 12.50/7.50with talk) counted as existing or new?

i know this sounds weird but i have a neighbour who has sky and did not know about the change in price as they have been with sky for many years and are out of contract.
      i then told them about the new sky router and they wanted to know if they could upgrade for free or will it charge them they also were thinking of taking sky talk/line rental to make things simple (one bill rather than sky + bt bill) as well as upgrade their sky box and sky+box to sky+hd and sky+hd1tb

also is it best to upgrade online or via phone
      They will be classed as existing customers and will have to pay 35 to upgrade to the new router.

Better to take the line rental, as its cheaper than BT and will make life easier. Not sure on the tv side as I don't work in that department.

As far as upgrading, better to call in, doing it online sometimes doesn't register it correctly.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

i hopei can get this new sky n router as il change the password on the wireless so its the same as my access point wiresless

Mercifull is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Frome
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm actually very happy with my new Sky router. I'd been putting up with slow wifi speeds (even after changing the channel multiple times) for quite some time but it had only really become noticeable in recent months when I got my iPad and Apple TV and my home network started to crawl. AirPlay was barely useable unless all over computers/laptops/mobiles in the house were off and I spent more time waiting for YouTube videos to load than watching them.

After playing around with multiple routers plugged into each other bridged wifi extenders etc I finally got so annoyed with all the wires and plugs that I just bit the bullet and ordered a N router from Sky.

Since plugging it in I have been getting the full speeds I should be (alas my house can still only get 5 megabit at the mo), streaming from laptop or iPad to Apple TV is flawless and things like YouTube and iPlayer rarely experience noticeable buffering.

It may not be the best router in the world but it does the job with minimal fuss and effort which is the main thing. I just changed the router password and ssid away from the default and off I went.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I am more than happy with this router as well.

Full signal on wireless on all phones in the house which we have never had on any other router.

It's been solid for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

imdag2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNUPK
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

post #100

hi my friend ordered the full works of bb/talk/tv/line and recived two automated e-mails.
      one confirming the order of products (stb's), and the other about ordering everything (bb/talk/tv/line)

but what court my eye when reading this was:
      Sky Broadband
      We'll write to you to confirm your Sky Broadband activation date. A few days before your Sky Broadband is activated we'll send you your wireless router and Get Set CD, with simple step-by-step instructions for getting set up.
      i know she already had bb so this seems a bit odd, but it say's that sky will be sending a wireless router and a get start guide.... doubt they will tho, its most likely one of sky's "scripts" and wont realy mean what it says.... typical

but would be nice to get a new router as she has the sky v2 router and it seem that it is in need of an upgrade

anyways... will post if she eva does get a router or not, jus hope the instalation does not take to long

FTTC Connection: download:40,000. upload:10,000. 5ms ping
      ADSL Speed:
      Connection Speed 18013 kbps 1087 kbps 16db 7db attenuation7db 7db noise
      Download: 15351 Kbit/s
      Upload : 957 kbit/s
      Connects : 2891 conn/min Ping: 19 ms

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast