Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

D-Link DSL - 2640S and Teamspeak 3 server

This is a discussion on D-Link DSL - 2640S and Teamspeak 3 server within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there, I was wondering if anyone nows how to let TS3 Server through the router so that my World ...

techgirl1966 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leeds
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Post D-Link DSL - 2640S and Teamspeak 3 server

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone nows how to let TS3 Server through the router so that my World of Warcraft Guild members can access it via the internet. I have, I think, opened the relavent Ports on the router but still not sure what I am doing wrong. I can access it locally via my LAN but when I try to connect via the DynDNS address that I have setup and setup on the router I can not connect. I have setup the DMZ to my Webserver which has the TS3 Server running on it but unable to connect as well as the Dynamic DNS.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: D-Link DSL - 2640S and Teamspeak 3 server

I try to connect via the DynDNS address that I have setup and setup on the router I can not connect.
      Are you doing this from within your LAN? If so it will not work, you will have to access it from another internet connection. If the server is in the DMZ, you should not have to open any ports as this by-passes the firewall.

There may be a way to access it from within your LAN by making entries in your Hosts file, but I don't know how this is done.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

For me to be able to view my website from my home server, I had to setup a DynDNS account so that I could create a hostname which I use to access my website and my TS3 server which worked fine with my old Netgear Router, which has since died. I contacted Sky and they have sent out a new D-Link router which I have now got and installed and working, I can access my website but not my Teamspeak 3 (TS3) or Teamspeak 2 (TS2) server. I can connect to it via my own LAN by using my servers name but when I try to connect to it from the internet or get any of my World of Warcraft Guild to connect both myself and my Guild members can't.

Not sure what else I can do other than try to get my Netgear router working again.

Here is my web address http://traceydixon.dyndns-home.com

If you need my TS3 Server connection info please let me know and I will put it up here for you. You will need to download the TS3 client from http://www.teamspeak.com to be able to connect to it.
      Last edited by techgirl1966; 11-08-11 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added web address

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

The link in that post work just fine.

If you aren't already aware, you should know that running a server from home is against Sky's T&Cs. Also should your connection drop, you won't get the compensation that a business connection would entitle you to.

It might be better to consider renting a web server. This would provide you with faster access for everyone and you could still retain a lot of control. If you are friendly with a provider, it might be possible for you to install your own server on their premises.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

The only thing I can think on is that your Teamspeak server is still looking for the Netgear router. I am not too sure, but it may be looking for the MAC address of the Netgear. There may be a setting you can change. The only other thing I can suggest is that you reinstal the server with the DLink in place. I don't know how much trouble this would be.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I installed Teamspeak Server 2 with the D-Link in place and there is no installation required to run TS3 Server, all I did was download the executable to my Server and run it.

My server is for personal use not business and is setup for me to gain my MCITP certification.

Thanks

Thanks for the help Guys and Girls, I have managed to get it sorted. Just for those who may have the same problem, I can't connect via the web address as the router will only alloow me to connect via my LAN.

Much appreciated

Thanks

I think you have run into the no NAT Loopback problem. Some routers support this but many more don't. Apart from changing the router the only other way is via the Hosts file. You will find some information on this here if you want to have a bash at it.
      DynDNS.com - Support -- Knowledge Base -- Loopback Connections

TomD

Useful Utilites