Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Router promised, Old Router given

This is a discussion on New Router promised, Old Router given within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello guys I just signed up to sky about week or so ago and when I signed up they said ...

Izzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

New Router promised, Old Router given

Hello guys I just signed up to sky about week or so ago and when I signed up they said I would receive their New Router and I received and old D-Link. I have contacted them twice and have been given excuses twice. I know there are a lot of threads regarding this but I am wanted to make sure I am within my rights to ask for the new router, this is explained in the email below but I was promised the New Router. This is the email I sent to sky regarding the router. Hopefully I get a positive reply but does it serious take 3 / 4 weeks for them to check their phone conversation records because when I rang up for the second time they said it should take a few days. It takes 3 to 4 weeks for this matter to be resolved seems a poorly silly
      Last edited by Izzy; 10-08-11 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Didn't need the other info

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: New Router promised, Old Router given

A lot of the sales staff is only interested in sealing the deal and can promise people things without access to facts.

You will get the router eventually. As long as it has been logged somewhere in the system that you have complained.

Alternatively you can play the cancellations card and see if that gets the dice rolling.

Izzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: New Router promised, Old Router given

Yeah I figured that was what it was, it's just disappointing. I am going to see how they respond to the email. I played the cancellation card on the second phone call because 3 / 4 weeks is dumb. She told me that if you go through the email department and they would check what the representative phone call said and They would uphold the promise of the new router. They basically think I'm lying. I might just pay the 5-8 month extra for BT In the end. Not impressed
      Last edited by Izzy; 10-08-11 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Spelling