Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Non Sky router issues

This is a discussion on Non Sky router issues within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Folks I'd be grateful for some guidance with this as I've spent quite a considerable amount of time "googling" it ...

Moosetified is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01949
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Non Sky router issues

Folks I'd be grateful for some guidance with this as I've spent quite a considerable amount of time "googling" it and not resolving it yet.

My Netgear DG834GT has finally decided to go into it's death throes and as such I went and purchased a nice shiny new router only to find out that Sky has locked access to the ADSL username and password.

My router has firmware V1.03.87 which seems to have defeated the online solutions for typing in my MAC address to obtain the info, does anyone know of a definitive solution on how I can obtain these?

Cheers

Moosetified

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Non Sky router issues

The online password generator works with the firmware you have. If you are not getting the correct password then you are not putting in the correct information. Copy and paste the LAN MAC address from the Status page of your GT directly into the LAN MAC address box and copy and paste it from there to a text document and from there to your other router.
      https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Moosetified (24-07-11)

Moosetified is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01949
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Guys, thanks for your help it's greatly appreciated... I'm now up and running with a modem that works, wi-fi whilst not in the same room is a beautiful thing (that is if you can call the hall a room).

I'll confess I'm currently wearing my special pointy hat as I was repeatedly entering my ADSL MAC address not the LAN MAC address as correctly pointed out by Isitme, lo and behold put the correct info in and out pops the correct answer.

Once again, cheers

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You are not the first and I doubt if you will be the last to make this mistake, so don't wear your pointy hat too long.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.