Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Draytek Vigor28020n won't authenticate ??

This is a discussion on Draytek Vigor28020n won't authenticate ?? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I forgot to state for clarity that the Sagem 2304n is connecting initially by PPPoA , but then reconnecting via ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Draytek Vigor28020n won't authenticate ??

I forgot to state for clarity that the Sagem 2304n is connecting initially by PPPoA, but then reconnecting via MER if I connect it to my line.

The Netgear DGND3700 is connecting via PPPoA.

As for MER, you may also wish to read this thread:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...g-netgear.html

Lucose had some success, but it wasn't stable in that it didn't last too many days. I couldn't replicate the test on my own connection as the IP address was blocked.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      ijtaylor05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chestfield & Swalecliffe
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1GB
      Thanks

You guys certainly fill me with confidence to keep trying to sort this issue out, thanks !

Its getting stranger for me though, using the Sagem as a dumb modem and reconfiguring the Draytek to hand out DHCP etc resulted in a huge speed drop over the course of the night, down from 11mb/1.9mb to 5.5mb/650k. As soon as i reset the sagem to default (ie handing out dhcp again), the speed returned to normal ! This surely doesn't make any sense, I can't think of any settings on the draytek prohibiting speed or causing this loss as all its doing is handing out local ip and dealing with the wifi ?? (both draytek and sagem are on the same ip range so no port forwarding or anything complex involved, simple setup ??)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If you only want to use the D'tek for its superior wireless, then a simple piggy back is probably best. Leave the Sky router at default, give the D'tek an address in the Sky routers range and turn off its DHCP server. Configure the wireless with the same WPA key and channel as the Sky router and join them ethernet port to ethernet port. That's about all there is to it. Note that all the NAT work is done by the Sky router. Scubbie has posted full explanations on how to do this - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...-together.html

If your router has a WAN port, have a look at this one - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12