Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky NetGear DG834GT

This is a discussion on Sky NetGear DG834GT within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i wish to use one of these routers for my sky broadband as ive been told they are better routers ...

arsenalfan08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation Sky NetGear DG834GT

i wish to use one of these routers for my sky broadband as ive been told they are better routers than sky supply you at present

but im having trouble getting internet access my wireless picks up the router and connects but unable to get internet access

ive been told i need to set the router up spent over an on phone to sky before i got through and they was no help

anybody got any suggestions as to how i set the router up with my current settings and enable internet access????

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Sky Netgear DG834GT

Disable the WiFi on the Sagem 2304n.

Piggyback the Netgear DG834GT to the Sagem and place the Netgear in a position where you can get reasonable WiFi reception.

Alternatively, use a different WiFi router which has a better coverage than the Netgear and piggyback this instead.

To piggyback the router, see this thread: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...-together.html

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky NetGear DG834GT

Is it a Sky router, with sky firmware still on it, or does it have Standard Netgear firmware installed? If it is a sky router with Sky firmware still on it, it will have a Sky test button on the main status page, and no configuration assistant link on the left hand menu.

If it has standard Netgear firmware, you'll first need to obtain your sky authentication details for your normal sky router, see Sky d-link password extractor or the Password generator for other sky routers. Then hook up the Netgear router, and try the configuration assistant link in the Netgear's user interface http://routerlogin.net