Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues

This is a discussion on Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Well after my last post in this thread, I decided to reboot my router. But there was no change in ...

Pengwern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNOSW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues

Well after my last post in this thread, I decided to reboot my router. But there was no change in my sync speed.

Since then the router has been online for 24 hours. The WAN, WLAN and LAN all show the same time.

Yesterday I noticed that my iPhone would not connect to the Sky Router. It can see it, but doesn't like the password. In the meantime, my Mac and work laptop were working fine via wifi.

Sooo ... I ignored it, as my iPhone can be fickle at the best of times.

This morning I resumed my work laptop from hibernate, and it wouldn't connect back to the wifi on the Sky Router. Strange. I tried a manual reconnect ... no cigar.

My Mac however has been on all evening, and is still connected. I'm willing to suggest that if I put the Mac to sleep and resume, then it won't reconnect.

Also just checking at my blackberry, it has not reconnected to the wifi since I have been out the house.

Therefore I would suggest that while the WLAN service is still running, and those services connected are fine, that it is not able to either authenticate or issue IP addresses for new connections from known clients.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Cool Re: Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues

It does appear to be showing that there are some serious issues around the WiFi on this router.

Whether it be related to the issue on connecting with a device that only supports WEP, or loosing the connection for no apparent reason.

Looking back at my experiences last night, it does show how much thought needs to go into designing equipment today. Somehow the memory was becoming corrupted on the router, but it created some lovely effects.

This morning has been reasonably stable, but a little while ago I lost the connection once more. Images attached.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues-inssiderer-28-4-11.jpg   Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues-router-stats-28-4-2011.jpg  

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Ok, rather than reboot my router, I've just changed it from WPA+WPA2 mixed mode to plain WPA2, clicked apply and my iPhone connected immediately.

Just tried the same with my work Laptop (WinXP) and it reconnected too also picked up my Blackberry too, and that had reconnected!

Issues:
      Either the change of encryption method has restarted the WiFi connection engine ... OR, the chipset is getting confused with mixed mode. Time will tell, when I power down and restart these devices.

EDIT: I have just been checking settings, and the "uptime" for the WLAN service has zero'd, so I'd imagine the change of encryption has restarted the WLAN service.
      Last edited by Pengwern; 28-04-11 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks

Well I've just turned gone back to my iPhone to check some emails, and it won't connect!!!

I suspect the WLAN service has stopped authenticating again, despite allowing current connections.

Really NOT impressed!

Edit: Just disabled this XP Laptop's wifi, and then re-enabled it. Et Voila ... it wouldn't connect. I had to login via my macbook, go to wifi setup, change the WPA2 to something else then back to WPA2, click appy and then it restarts WLAN service. Managed to log back in from XP Laptop then!

I'm glad I'm two storeys up, as this router will be exiting via the window shortly!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwern View Post
      ...I'm glad I'm two storeys up, as this router will be exiting via the window shortly!
      I used to work on the 9th floor for a firm. When the old PC I used played up, I would joke about playing PC Netball. The imaginary hoop would be at the window.

On a serious note though, Tom made a useful post earlier today that you may wish to try. I've yet to do so as I've been doing a few other things between posts today.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-r...tml#post319945

Could you give it a try and let us know if things improve, then let us know either way?

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Sure will give it a try. Although I'm a little reticent to be doing things such as that. The entire network here has worked flawlessly with every router I've used, apart from this Sagem one.

When it happens, I'll disable the wifi on the mac too. Although I already know it's not OS specific, since it affects Blackberry, Apple iPhone iOS and Windows XP. I've yet to test OSX.

Thanks

Many thanks.

I would agree with it not being limited to one particular OS. The evidence implies that the issue is specifically caused by the router, but it would be nice to have something that we could do as an interim measure.

I'm kind of meshing over the different issues in my mind at the present and looking for solutions which may help to get through the different problems.

The idea of this thread was to see if there is compatibility issues with specific hardware or OS versions, or a combination of specific factors.

stjimmy1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

my stats

i was very dubios when i got my router in march after reading all the troubles people were having but i honestly dont have any complaints with my unit!

windows xp sp2
      Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
      Manufacturer Sagemcom
      Model Number F@ST2304
      Firmware Version 5.14.6a4N
      ADSL Firmware Version A2pD030n.d23b

ethernet connected to a pair of homeplugs which goes to a ethernet network switch which supplys toshiba tv, ps3, and sky hd+ box.
      connected wiressly to 2 laptops and a nintendo wii.

hope this helps
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues-stats2304n.jpg   Sagem F@ST 2304n WiFi issues-inssider2304n.jpg  
      Toshiba 40rv753, Sky HD Amstrad drx890, Onky Amp Hts 3305, Phat Sony Playstation 500gb.

Cnxtion Speed 19476 kbps 1023 kbps, Line Attenuation 13.5 dB 8.0 dB, Noise Margin 7.0 dB 8.0 dB Ping: 34 ms

Psn : stjimmy1980 Twitter : jimmyoxford

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stjimmy1980 For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (28-04-11)

Cloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norwich North (EANCN)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I too was having wireless issues with this router. While not being set on auto channel I noticed the signal strength go from 4 bars to 1 on my wireless adapter, then back up to 4 bars. Seems like the wireless is a bit unstable, using a secondary router for wireless now.

Nostromo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Ive plugged the sagem in again and tried some stuff that was suggested on the skyhelp forum like changing to 54mbs auto and manually choosing the channel.
      Been connected 28hrs now no issues downloading from anytime (wired) and on the laptop (wireless).
      But all was fine for 1-2 days when i first plugged it in so will reserve judgement until its lasted a few more days without issue.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast