Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Sagemcom F@ST2304 - installed

This is a discussion on Sky Sagemcom F@ST2304 - installed within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Well it's been 5 days since my line went live. Not once has the router tried to resync the WAN ...

Pengwern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNOSW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Sagemcom F@ST2304 - installed

Well it's been 5 days since my line went live.

Not once has the router tried to resync the WAN service overnight. When I called Sky about 2-3 days ago, they suggested I left it until the training period was over until I contacted them about speed. They did suggest that I would be able to get about 20Meg connection.

My concern is that *if* it's not running DLM at present, then I'll sit here for 10 days, call Sky and they will have to kick DLM into action ... hence another 10 days of fluctuations!

On another note, I connected the router into my Windows Home Server the other day, and it must have interrogated something since it knew the router name and model number and also said "Max Download 20Mbps, Max Upload 0.99Mbps". It seems the router may only just be capable of running at max throughput of the line.

Fingers crossed that Sky open up their processes and I can stick my Billion or Draytek router back on the line (in an official manner).

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Called Sky and explained it had been connected for 5 days and that I didn't think DLM was running, as the WAN service hasn't tried to resync.

The first line support person agreed, and passed me through to 2nd line. 2nd Line also agreed and said that DLM tried to activate 2 days ago, and halted immediately!

He put a ticket through to his manager, who pushed a resync through at between 18-20 Mbps
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Sagemcom F@ST2304 - installed-sky-broadband-router-router-statistics-1.jpg  

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwern View Post
      ...Not once has the router tried to resync the WAN service overnight. When I called Sky about 2-3 days ago, they suggested I left it until the training period was over until I contacted them about speed. They did suggest that I would be able to get about 20Meg connection....
      Have you checked your Sky account details? This will confirm whether DLM is running or not.

It might be worth calling again to ensure that DLM is running, but please don't become worked up over the issue.

Generally speaking people don't experience huge problems during the day when DLM is active. It is normally only reset during the early hours of the morning, so this shouldn't be an issue.

On another note, I connected the router into my Windows Home Server the other day, and it must have interrogated something since it knew the router name and model number and also said "Max Download 20Mbps, Max Upload 0.99Mbps". It seems the router may only just be capable of running at max throughput of the line.

Fingers crossed that Sky open up their processes and I can stick my Billion or Draytek router back on the line (in an official manner).
      With UPnP activated, my Windows based computers also recognise router names. This is down to their firmware and having UPnP enabled on the OS too.

Could you perhaps post today's stats? Stating the max download & upload speed like that is a little misleading if the figures are wrong.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Yup called Sky ... you must have been replying while I was

Oh the "Max Download and Upload Speed" displayed by Windows Home Server was what confused me, as at the time it was only connected at 4Mbps Down, and 0.6Mbps up.

Stats are one post up

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Called Sky and explained it had been connected for 5 days and that I didn't think DLM was running, as the WAN service hasn't tried to resync.

The first line support person agreed, and passed me through to 2nd line. 2nd Line also agreed and said that DLM tried to activate 2 days ago, and halted immediately!

He put a ticket through to his manager, who pushed a resync through at between 18-20 Mbps
      You've got some excellent figures there.

Technically they are about the maximum that Sky will set the line to manually.

It looks as though your line is capable of achieving the maximum speeds that ADSL2+ can handle, but Sky does cap them to 20,000kbps.

DLM may have got it to go higher, but it sounds like it freaked out when it saw your connection and left the building.

Stats are one post up
      lol - Seen them after I posted.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12