Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Scubbie Faulty batch? We knew about the 'faulty batch' a month ago on this forum. No getting ...

Nostromo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Faulty batch?

We knew about the 'faulty batch' a month ago on this forum.

No getting back to what I've been doing: Anyone noticed that I've been quiet for a couple of hours?

Well I watched a bit of TV, had my dinner and came back to my Laptop.

Guess what? Internet was down.

I plugged in the LAN cable in, no joy.

Tried my desk top, no joy (it's wired and I hadn't changed the DNS settings).

Powered up my other laptop, no joy.

The strange thing is that this laptop was still receiving emails, I could browse to the router, but I couldn't browse the Internet.

The email alerts came through on my other laptop, but still it couldn't browse any sites, even Sky.com !

I could still access the other PCs over my LAN, but no browsing.

Conclusion:

Changing the DNS settings failed. It appears to be a port issue on the router.

Netgear router works fine, except for occasional WiFi issue.

Sagem router has serious issues.
      These are the exact same issues i had i wont be asking for a replacement router as its a waste of time unless they send a different make router or they release updated firmware.Will continue to use the netgear until things are fixed one way or the other.
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-r...tml#post319119

Any tried those Billion routers they seem to get good reviews ?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Scubbie,
      When it stops working, try putting 80.238.9.179 in the address bar, see if it connects to Sky.com.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Scubbie,
      When it stops working, try putting 80.238.9.179 in the address bar, see if it connects to Sky.com.
      Noted.

I've got the Netgear plugged in again and I'm going to watch some hunky guys now on Sky 1 HD.

Book 'em Dano!

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

I haven't been too well for most of today, so haven't been on the computer that much.

I have identified a potential issue and have been monitoring things since.

One additional thing that I do have a problem with where I live is that it gets particularly hot, without the heating on, during warm weather. The router has been failing late in the evening when it was warm, but not overly warm.

The Sagem 2304n router wasn't connected for most of today, but has now been connected for about 4 hours. It has been running smoothly since identifying the other issue.

What was the issue? Well it looks as though the Samsung TV was potentially the cause of the problems. I had set a manual address and the router didn't like this. For some reason my Laptop was routing itself through the TV on my LAN, even though the router is set to be the DHCP Server and the TV is not.

If this was the problem, then I am going to be quite embarrassed, but at least I've identified it.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Goooner1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Thanks

Just checked the stats on mine and it shows that it's been up and running for over 20 hours now.

I've been hammering it pretty hard today, downloading a few movies of Anytime Plus, just to give it a bit of a workout plus the odd bit of browsing in our phones.

If it's been up 20 hours it must have gone down in the middle of the night, but must have righted itself as I haven't rebooted since Sunday evening, around 6pm when I was watching iplayer, wirelessly.

I've currently used up all the wired ports on the router so to connect the Sky digibox to it, I has to disconnect my Panasonic TV, got to be a coincidence that yours has been fine since you disconnected your tv, hasn't it?

Thanks

I can't be 100% sure about the TV being the source of one problem just yet.

The router has in the past definitely lost WiFi signal. This has been seen through inSSIDer & it's own logs.

The TV is still connected, I've had to review the manual settings I had programed.

With regards to you being short of sockets yourself, you may want to invest in a 5-Port LAN Switch.

Goooner1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post

With regards to you being short of sockets yourself, you may want to invest in a 5-Port LAN Switch.
      Yep, already got one on the way

It's been up 30 hours and counting now

Thanks

Ok, a further update:

I've been in and out today, but i have been browsing & trying to hammer my connection (as I often do ).

Since identifying the issue of the TV I have not been blocked from browsing. Essentially it appears that having set the TV's setting manually, I had programmed the 'DNS Server' setting to one of Sky's DNS Servers. However the TV wanted the router's IP address here instead.

For the technically minded, the settings for the TV's network adaptor include the following:

• IP Address
      • Subnet Mask
      • Gateway
      • DNS Server

It was only by following the Windows 7 network mapping that I noticed that the TV was being involved. I have contacted Samsung and I now need to respond with more information to identify the cause.

I had set the DNS Server address to one of Sky's DNS servers.

As for the WiFi connection, this seems to have stayed live according to the stats, but the signal is reportedly dropping frequently when using inSSIDer.

I was streaming copious quantities of YouTube SD videos videos this morning and largely they were fine, with some annoying pauses in the middle of some of the content.

I then also streamed some of the videos to the TV. This produced a few hic-cups in the middle of streaming, with various delays whilst the content was cached. The Software also crashed out a couple of times too, which is unusual.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-router-stats-26-4-2011.jpg  

Thanks

I've just experienced another drop in the WiFi connection. Below are screen dumps of the stats taken just a few moments after the drop in my connection.

The router is using channel 11 at the moment, this is used by a large number of other WiFi routers in my area, but then so are the others.

The router is the strongest signal on the inSSIDer screen dump.

Right now this laptop can see 28 WiFi connections from where it is sitting. It isn't unusual in my experience to see those that are distant to pop in & out of signal range, hence the number of drops in the bottom half of the graph.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-router-stats-26-4-2011-v2.jpg   Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-inssiderer-23-4-11.jpg  

Thanks

Could anyone who is using their Sagem 2304n router please participate in a study on the following thread:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-r...fi-issues.html

Many thanks,
      Scubbie

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast