Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Internet froze again still got emails though.Gave up went to bed got up still no internet had to reeboot the ...

Nostromo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

Internet froze again still got emails though.Gave up went to bed got up still no internet had to reeboot the router.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Internet froze again still got emails though.Gave up went to bed got up still no internet had to reeboot the router.
      That suggests a DNS problem rather than a disconnection.

When it freezes open Command Prompt and type ping skyuser.co.uk and press enter. If you get a reply and can't connect with a browser, there is a good chance that DNS is failing somewhere. If this is the case, try using OpenDNS servers. You can't put these into a Sky router, but you can into your PC and this overrides the router.

If you want to try this, go to the Network Settings, right click your adapter and select Properties. Highlight the Internet Protocol v.4 and press the Properties button. Check use this IP address and enter the following-
      IP Address..........192.168.0.100
      Subnet.................255.255.255.0
      Gateway...............192.168.0.1

Primary DNS .....208.67.222.222
      Secondary DNS.208.67.220.220.

Click OK out and reboot your PC to be sure the new settings are enabled. Try to connect normally.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Nostromo (24-04-11)

Goooner1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Could the problem
      I'm having getting either Netgear to work with the sky username/password be to do with the fact my Netgears want to connect with PPOA and the Sagemcom is on MER?

On the official forum, it seems some people are having success switching wireless off on the Sagemcom, going to test this myself. If it works, is there any way I'd be able to use the Sky router for the actual connection but connect the Netgear to it an use that fore wireless?

Thanks

Most have found that although the line has been changed to MER, PPPoA still works.

There are several reports on this forum about users having success with switching off the wireless, but that is not really a good solution for what is supposed to be a wireless router. The routers need properly fixed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well I'm connected to the dongle again.Opendns worked for one page speed net to check speed then no kore Internet.Resorted to obtain auto still the same.it's no use for iPads and iPhones tho so I'm going try the net gear sod it.If you dont see me again it's was nice knowing you lol

Exchange:
      Thanks

Im back however the user/pass didnt work
      I only noticed when i was entering them that user started c8c which is the mac address like this c8cd*****10a@skydsl and the pass was +5ZoVN*****1BPc.
      Anyway that didnt work so i used the user/pass from an old netgear sky router i was using while waiting for the sagem to turn up and it connected first time.
      Seriously i wish i had just left the netgear connected from the start cant believe how bad this sagem is.Surely a firmware upgrade will fix things but until then im touching nowt.

Thanks

Congratulations! Let's hope your line stays nice and stable. Is there much difference in stats between the 2 routers?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

Higher connection speed and lower SNR but thats probably because its running DGteam firmware.
      A fix is needed asap for that sagem or maybe Sky have sent it out like that to make a mint from the call centre.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post

I will try and give the OpenWrt a go later. If someone else wishes to give it a try in the mean time, it would be appreciated if they could report back on the success.
      Don't try installing OpenWrt, you should just follow the instructions on how to use TFTP, and upload the Sagem firmware file, you found on your CD. I would leave it, and ask sky if they can provide you with a recovery tool that actually works and the latest version of the firmware,

I still think that even if you were to successfully flash your router, it wont help.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
      Higher connection speed and lower SNR but thats probably because its running DGteam firmware.
      A fix is needed asap for that sagem or maybe Sky have sent it out like that to make a mint from the call centre.
      I should think it will be costing them a fortune in replacement routers, as well as tying up their support staff.

I think it would have been smarter to have stuck with an established model, with fully developed firmware and customised it for Sky. Let someone else try out new designs with the latest chipset, and wait until they've ironed out the bugs.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast