Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Scubbie I trust that you have contacted Sky . The WiFi on this one keeps dropping from ...

Ssscrudddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I trust that you have contacted Sky. The WiFi on this one keeps dropping from time to time. It's done this a couple of times today.

The WAN & LAN time showing in the attached picture are only around 14 hours as I lost Internet again last night and hoped that resetting the router might help.
      Not yet, I've left a message on their forums. From what I can gather, I am going to have to go through line testing 24 hours of monitoring etc then have an engineer sent out before they'll even remotely consider the possibility that their router is faulty. Seeing as my phone line isnt due to be installed until 27th April (Wednesday next week) I dont think I stand a chance.
      Is the pub open yet?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssscrudddy View Post
      Not yet, I've left a message on their forums. From what I can gather, I am going to have to go through line testing 24 hours of monitoring etc then have an engineer sent out before they'll even remotely consider the possibility that their router is faulty. Seeing as my phone line isnt due to be installed until 27th April (Wednesday next week) I dont think I stand a chance.
      I feel sorry for you.

I've just spent nearly 40 minutes on the phone to some poor soul in Sky. I didn't give him a hard time, but he couldn't really resolve the issues either.

I've now gone back to the Netgear router as I lost access to the Internet for several hours this afternoon from this Laptop. I needed the break anyway.

My Anytime+ had completely gone. I couldn't post messages on this forum. I've tried (and failed) to use the Sagem Recovery Tool on the CD. I finally got really unhappy with things.

The net result is I have gone back to the Netgear router and everything appears to be working once more. I may experience the occasional WiFi issue, but this has really bugged me.

If anyone from Sky R&D is actually reading this PLEASE FIX THIS ROUTER ASAP.

Your srtool requires that the router has an IP address of 192.168.1.1. It changes a PC's IP address to 192.168.1.20 and doesn't put it back. The guy on the phone was shocked at this. It kept failing on me. I now suspect that I also need to copy the source files to another drive as it couldn't find it on my desktop.

I am sorry to say that I am disgusted with the router. I believe that in it's present state it is not fit for purpose and if things are not addressed soon, you will be loosing new clients.

I did want the router to work. I do have an above average level of knowledge on computing. I do like how the cables have been clearly labelled.

I don't like the fact that there is still no USB socket on the router. I don't like the fact that the router is very slow in some cases when using the user interface.

I genuinely feel sorry for all the Sky customers out there who have received this router and who are struggling to use their Internet.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Your srtool requires that the router has an IP address of 192.168.1.1. It changes a PC's IP address to 192.168.1.20 and doesn't put it back. The guy on the phone was shocked at this. It kept failing on me. I now suspect that I also need to copy the source files to another drive as it couldn't find it on my desktop.
      You might be able to flash the router without using the recovery tool.
      If you Netgear's IP address is 192.168.0.1, go into the LAN IP SETUP and change the subnet to 255.255.0.0 (this just saves setting your PC up with a fixed 192.168.1.xxx IP address to access the sagem while it is in recovery mode)

Boot the sagem into recovery mode by powering it up with the reset button held in until the led starts flashing.
      Connect the routers with an ethernet cable, and try opening http://192.168.1.1 in your browser - and if you are in luck they won't have disabled the CFE's recovery server, and you'll be able to upload the firmware via your browser.

I'd be surprised if flashing the firmware helps though, it will probably be older that the firmware on it.

You'll also quite likely need to do a factory reset after the flash.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy logic For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (22-04-11)

Thanks

I'll look at that tomorrow. I am feeling quite drained at the moment and am need of a break.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Goooner1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey
      Thanks

Having a nightmare with this router now

I'm on my 9th day with Sky, the first 7 were brilliant, it's all been working flawlessly with even a slight speed improvement over what I was getting with Pipex.

Late on the 7th day, I got a wireless dropout, the line was still connected, but no wifi, the little green light had gone out. Just put it down to a blip, rebooted the router and all was good.

Day 8, mostly OK, but then I got 2 or 3 wireless drops. On the phone to Sky, went through a load of stuff, changing channels security and stuff, most of which I'd already tried, but you have to jump through all their hoops I suppose. They eventually decided they were going to send me a new router.

Today has been an absolute nightmare, not only is the wifi dropping all the time, now the actual net connection is too.

As soon as I try and download anything, it's fine for a couple of minutes, then everything drops and it's back to square one.

At least before when the wireless went, I still had a wired connection, but now nothing. I must have rebooted the router 20 times today. What that's doing to my line speed as I'm still inside the first 10 days when you're supposed to leave it switched on, I really don't know.

Rang Sky again today, to tell them that not only was the wireless dropping, but the line too and of course there's nothing they can do until I get the new router, with it being Easter weekend, I doubt that will even get sent out until Tuesday at the earliest, so there's no telling when I'll get the new one.

The annoying thing is, like I said, the first 7 days it was brilliant.

Can't do a thing with it

Thanks

A serious suggestion for the present moment for you is to see if you can extract the ADSL login details from the router and use your old router to log into Sky.

Use the link provided in an earlier post in this forum.

Whilst I appreciate that this is against Sky's T&Cs, I think that Ofcom would look down on them if they disconnected anyone because their router was at fault.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

It can't be anymore frustration than I'm currently experiencing

It's great if you just leave it sat there doing nothing, both lights stay on as long as you like, start downloading anything and withi. 5-10mins the connection drops

Like I said, I really couldn't fault it for the first week, it's a real shame it won't keep on working that well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goooner1 View Post
      Like I said, I really couldn't fault it for the first week, it's a real shame it won't keep on working that well.
      No problem.

I've always had a habit of breaking toys. When I was young I broke my younger brother's Tonka Toy. Everyone was upset since they were advertised as 'unbreakable'.

Thanks

I've tried the link to extract the password, but not having much luck with it.

I put the lan Mac in that's the number off the bottom of the router, that's the 12 digit combination of letters and numbers, right? You type them in exactly as displayed on the label, not like the MAC address as it shows up on the router status screen xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, I assume?

And the other one is the same as the wireless network name? The only other thing I could find on the label was the serial number of the router and I'm guessing it's not that.

Anyway, I tried it put the the generated username and password into my old router, and it picks up the adsl line, but won't go any further than that, so can't get an ip address, so something I've put in must be wrong, whether it's the wrong info I've put into the generator or I've not type the correct numbers and letters into the router, one of them I wasn't sure if it was meant to be a zero or a capital O, tried both for good measure but still no good.

The password generator only allows 3 attempts from you ip address per 24 hours, so that's it for tonight. Just as well really as I've wasted way too much of my day off messing about with it

Thanks

There are 3 MAC addresses associated with this router:

* WAN - what is seen on the ADSL/Internet side
      * WLAN - Wireless LAN
      * LAN - Ethernet Cable LAN

You need the LAN MAC Address. This is actually the same one that is printed on the sticker underneath the router.

To confirm this, type 192.168.0.1 into your browser. Click on the 'Maintenance' tab. Enter the User Name (admin) and password (sky) details into the sign on details. Scroll down to where it lists the details for 'LAN Port' and you should see the same MAC address there.

From another thread where I've posted this morning, but very relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by keno2000uk View Post
      HI seen u mention u have a netgear dgn2000 same here have used password generator but it wont have it can u give me the settings you used for the netgear.

ps my sky password has numbers and letters but then has symbols such as + / is this normal or should it just be numbers and letters
      I saw this post this morning and thought: Ok, I've rested enough, why not plug her in and see if I can log in with the DGN2000.

The pictures below are from the DGN2000. The first two show the settings I used for the Netgear DG934G. The 2nd are using the Sagem's log in details.

Both work just fine on my connection. The confirm that the VPI & VCI settings remain the same as all previous instructions and PPPoA works.

I'll play later to see if I can get PPPoE to work as the Sagem is connecting using MER on my line.

Edit: I've just tried a couple of initial tests to see if PPPoE will work in place of MER and it wouldn't connect. I did the use the Setup Wizard and it reverted back to PPPoA with all the correct settings.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-dgn2000-basic-settings-sky-netgear.jpg   Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-dgn2000-adsl-settings-sky-netgear.jpg   Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-dgn2000-basic-settings-sky-sagem-2304n.jpg   Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-dgn2000-adsl-settings-sky-sagem-2304n.jpg  

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast