Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; This doesn't sound very good with respects with DLM either. There has been several posters saying that they are getting ...

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information

This doesn't sound very good with respects with DLM either.

There has been several posters saying that they are getting fairly frequent disconnects.

I can see anybody who has DLM running the DLM seeing this as line problems and lines getting throttled back and back.

I can expect a lot of phone calls to Sky until they get this sorted out.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

2. Advertisement
      Ssscrudddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

Well I have to say I'm not impressed. Should I ring up Sky now?

I ordered Sky BB at the beginning of April. My phone line isnt due to be installed until 27th April, so I cannot test the internet.

But my Sagemcom F@st 2304N Sky modem/router turned up yesterday. (mac C8CD7*******, Ph2 Refresh Router UOM=1 on the shipping note)

I plugged it in, Tower into ethernet port 1. let it settle down, then turned on my laptop.

Connected the lappy via wifi using the default password & SSID

The reported signal was 65 Mbps with laptop & router 6 inches apart, & was stable. By the time I was 15 feet away I had dropped 1 bar, but still getting a reported 65 Mbps

Then I logged in with my tower (ethernet) to 192.168.0.1, (Edit, I used the wrong IP address, forget teamviwer -->I had to turn off Teamviewer & refresh the page before it would let me do anything), I went through all the pages, had no problems with them being slow.

Next I changed the SSID & password for wifi.

Reconnected my laptop to the new SSID.

Then I took my laptop into the kitchen for a little test. For the record in the past I have had a Netgear draft N router, & a USRobotics 802.11g modem/router. Neither of these can get a wifi signal through the wall. It's a stone wall 3 foot thick & lead lined (900 year old mansion house ) Also no other wifi that I have borrowed off of various mates has ever managed to get a signal through this wall either.

Anyway I was still connectedt to the wifi, the signal dropped momentarily to 26 Mbps then back up to 39 Mbps & stayed there, with 2 bars showing.

My file sharing between Vista Tower (Home Premium 32 bit) & laptop XP worked just fine. I rebooted the laptop & automatically picked up the wifi again, & again the file sharing between the 2 computers worked just fine still...

Still connected at 39 Mbps...

& then its stopped

The router had been on for about 45 mins to an hour by now, the SSID was still being broadcast, I rebooted the lappy, & still it showed the SSID on 2 bars, but would not connect. I took the lappy back into the living room (6 inches away from the router) & still it only showed 2 bars & still wouldnt connect. I rebooted the lappy again, still it showed only 2 bars on the SSID & still would not connect.

I also could not log in to the router with the wired tower (192.168.0.1) just got no response.

I rebooted the router, logged in with the tower & checked settings, nothing had changed, the laptop connected itself to the router wifi again, but this time the speed kept jumping about very quickly...

65 Mbps, 58.5 Mbps, 39 Mbps, 26 Mbps, 19.5 Mbps, 13 Mbps. (randomly but always those numbers)
      as well as flitting between 5 bars, 2 bars, 1 bar, nil bar. (randomly)

After another 45+ mins my tower could no longer log in to the router & file sharing stopped working again. After rebooting the router my laptop got a steady 65 Mbps with 5 bars.. file sharing working...

& it is at this point that I have just posted this.

Edit. After 30 mins, file sharing stopped again, my laptop lost the wifi signal, no networks in range, but wired Tower was still able to log into to the router, a reboot of the laptop reconnected the wifi without me touching the router. For the record I dont have any problems with my laptop or tower.
      It as if trying to move a file stopped the wifi this time...
      Last edited by Ssscrudddy; 22-04-11 at 12:41 PM.
      Is the pub open yet?

Nostromo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Have you tried getting the user and pass off it Scubbie ?
      What method did you use ?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      This doesn't sound very good with respects with DLM either.

There has been several posters saying that they are getting fairly frequent disconnects...
      You're right. I seriously wanted this router to work first time. I have had it running as the main router since around 11.20am today. I've posted the stats below. As you can see, the WiFi lost it's signal about an hour in to using it again.

I have been sticking with the WiFi today with 2 laptops (mine & a friend's) and was oblivious to the break. We were able to complete an on-line registration without any issues.

Looking at my Torrent PC, the connection has been fairly stable, but it has dropped several times since swapping over, not concrete evidence, but something which does indicate an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssscrudddy View Post
      The reported signal was 65 Mbps with laptop & router 6 inches apart, & was stable. By the time I was 15 feet away I had dropped 1 bar, but still getting a reported 65 Mbps...
      I have noticed that on different WiFi connections i have had different speeds.

Firstly, on my friend's Laptop, which is one of the ones which wouldn't connect to the Netgear with the Network key in uppercase, it worked first time, much to my delight. It has a WiFi g adaptor and connected correctly at 54Mbps.

My main Laptop connects at 74Mbps when close to the router, but does drop to 58Mbps when it goes through a couple of plaster partitions, with an open door. It drops even further (43.5Mbps) in one corner of the same room.

My desktop is normally connected via Ethernet cable. I do have an 'ADDON NWU280 WiFi n USB' adaptor I can plug in, should I wish. This connected at 65Mbps, even though the router was 1.6m from the adaptor.

The attached 'inSSIDer' image shows both the Netgear & the Sagem WiFi. The Sagem is the dark pink line, Netgear is the white line. You can also see a lot of signal drops, more than the Netgear. I have yet to stream any video content today to my Laptop, but I will in due course.

Temperature wise, it runs a few degrees warmer than the Netgear. Both are on their respective stands. Considering the weather today and that my lounge gets quite warm, it is managing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
      Have you tried getting the user and pass off it Scubbie ?
      What method did you use ?
      As reported in a previous post, I have managed to extract the password & login details. I used the standard link for the Sagem 2504 on this page:

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

I have yet to prove it though as I've been busy with a friend. In the mean time I've been keeping the Sky Router busy.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-router-stats-21-4-2011.jpg   Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-inssider-21-4-2011.jpg  

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Nostromo (21-04-11)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I would have thought if someone could get generic FW on this, then the N would or could be enabled?

The F@ST2504 works well (when the PSU doesn't blow) with standard FW
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Nostromo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Cheers Scubbie i did see another post by a user on another forum that the user/pass he extracted didnt work.Ive just got connected mine seems ok will check the logs later speedtest normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I would have thought if someone could get generic FW on this, then the N would or could be enabled?

The F@ST2504 works well (when the PSU doesn't blow) with standard FW

My experience in that side of things is somewhat limited. I may be open to discussing things with Fuzzy Logic at a later date if he is interested.

For the moment I am trying to get the best out of the standard firmware as over the past couple of months members have been struggling with this.

However, if someone else is willing to give it a try, please do.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I can't remember how I did mine tbh, but it definitely flashed and I used it on O2 for months until the PSU went bang. I should get a new one really as the Sagem is miles better than the junk O2 send you to use.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

johnbourne is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Erdington
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I guess I have been extremely lucky with this router so far as the web interface has always been responsive and router seems very stable for me I have attached a picture of the stats.

My WiFi security is set to WPA2 AES only not that it should make any difference though with regards to the wireless dropping out but might be a bug in the firmware if left on the default WPA/WPA2 setting?

John
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sagemcom F@ST 2304n Information-router-stats.jpg  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to johnbourne For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (21-04-11)

Thanks

Thank you for your valued input too johnbourne.

I have found that moving between the pages is often very slow. Sometimes they change at normal speed, but more often I could be putting the Kettle on.

With regards to the WiFi security, in an ideal world it should not make any difference. If you can show that you can reproduce the WiFi signal lose on the default settings, and then illuminate them on an alternative setting, this would be very useful information that could be shared with others on the forum.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast