Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sagemcom 2304 piece of CRAP !

This is a discussion on Sagemcom 2304 piece of CRAP ! within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers New routers normally take 3-5 days to be delivered. There is a couple of know issues ...

JonnyO is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom 2304 piece of CRAP !

Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers View Post
      New routers normally take 3-5 days to be delivered.

There is a couple of know issues with the new sagemcoms

DON'T cancel, ask for a MAC code.

Make sure that you mention wanting a MAC and don't want to cancel.
      Well they have 4 days from it being requested yesterday evening so lets see what happens.

Its a pity that 1st line support have not been made aware of these sagemcom issues. It would have saved me an hour and a half of my life and a lot of frustration.
      I should say that I'm a network engineer by trade for the last 12 years at a large UK University. I kind of know what I am talking about which makes dealing with scripted first line technical support all the more frustrating!

Thanks for the reminder to get the MAC code. I probably would have forgotten that in my frustration!

2. Advertisement
      I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

There was a brief on the new routers placed in our system.

At know point were we told that it was their though so I am sure a few people didn't notice it.

I hate that we have to read the script basically word for word almost as much as you didn't want to hear it.

By the way the script is called Sky Answers.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Router is frozen and unreachable long before I could do any firmware upgrade. I tried this yesterday and the tool itself says that it cannot find a device at 192.168.1.1.
      It should be looking at 192.168.0.1, unless they have changed the range on the new routers to Sagem's standard address. This would be unusual if they are trying to keep the Sky firmware generic as they have done with all the V2 routers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

JonnyO is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It should be looking at 192.168.0.1, unless they have changed the range on the new routers to Sagem's standard address. This would be unusual if they are trying to keep the Sky firmware generic as they have done with all the V2 routers.
      I noticed that too, however there seems to be a few posts out there that on this earlier dodgy firmware its at 192.168.1.1 so you have top look there to do the upgrade.
      As mine is completely unresponsive I can't give any sort of answer, just that the SRTool to do the upgrade on the v5 CD reports that its trying 192.168.1.1

Thanks

Maybe someone who has this router actually working could report what address it is using? I don't know anything about this SRTool but it looks like it has been designed by Sagem to work on their firmware, which would have an address of 1.1.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
      Your having a laugh
      No. I'm not. They will run through the firmware recovery and do some checks with you. If the router doesn't work, the agent will order a replacement straight away.

It takes 3-5 working days to arrive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
      No. I'm not. They will run through the firmware recovery and do some checks with you. If the router doesn't work, the agent will order a replacement straight away.

It takes 3-5 working days to arrive.
      I think BigJ is referring to the fact that he has been waiting a bit longer than that for his replacement.

TomD

Useful Utilites

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

For doing the firmware upgrade the gateway needs changed to 192.168.1.1 but normally for all routers it set to 192.168.0.1
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If you boot the router into its recovery mode, by holding the reset button in when you turn it on until the led start flashing, the Broadcom CFE (common firmware environment = boot loader) runs a http server for uploading new firmware on 192.168.1.1 .

However, in recovery mode it doesn't run DHCP, so the PC has to be configured with a fixed 192.168.1.xxx IP address.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy logic For This Useful Post:

Isitme (12-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy logic View Post
      If you boot the router into its recovery mode, by holding the reset button in when you turn it on until the led start flashing, the Broadcom CFE (common firmware environment = boot loader) runs a http server for uploading new firmware on 192.168.1.1 .

However, in recovery mode it doesn't run DHCP, so the PC has to be configured with a fixed 192.168.1.xxx IP address.

Thanks Fuzzy, that explains it.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast