Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specific website WONT load

This is a discussion on Specific website WONT load within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello folks, Aside from other issues about my sync etc, I have a weird issue where I cannot load the ...

basalt2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01244
      Broadband ISP: BT fibre
      Router: BT business hub 2701HGV
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Specific website WONT load

Hello folks,
      Aside from other issues about my sync etc, I have a weird issue where I cannot load the Tesco mobile pay monthly login page
      I have tried with Firefox and IE9 from my worktop.
      My IPad wont load either and neither will my IPhone - - -except if I switch off wifi and try through 3g - - it then works!
      An email to Tesco was not much help as they say it doesnt work with Firefox or google chrome
      Well it did for me earlier and also with safari via IPad - - but now I get zilch
      I am thinking its got to do with sky but where to look?
      Oddly - - the Tesco pay as you go site will load.
      I am using open dns btw.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks.
      Stuart

2. Advertisement
      steve50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02477
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Thanks

Re: Specific website WONT load

Hi i have had the exact same problem with the tesco log in site,anyway it turns out that the tesco website wont load if your ip address starts with 2,ive reebooted my router several times until my ip address started with a 9,after this i could log onto the tesco login site no problem

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There have been several reports of sites not accepting Sky's new addresses(starting with 2), this looks like another one.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I think anything less than 6 was reserved for US government and militray use.

Of course that changed when the amount of IPv4 addresses started to be used up.

I am not surprised at this though MS have enough problems keeping the GEOIP file up to date let alone tesco mobile.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

basalt2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01244
      Broadband ISP: BT fibre
      Router: BT business hub 2701HGV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve50 View Post
      Hi i have had the exact same problem with the tesco log in site,anyway it turns out that the tesco website wont load if your ip address starts with 2,ive reebooted my router several times until my ip address started with a 9,after this i could log onto the tesco login site no problem

Dang me but your right
      Just did it a couple of times - - - got a start with 9 and poof its there
      Thanks for that
      Stuart

dave a is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: orange broadband sky TV.
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There have been several reports of sites not accepting Sky's new addresses(starting with 2), this looks like another one.
      I am having problems my isp is orange.PAYG will load but pay monthly wont,Tesco seem to want to blame orange,When i put it to them about ip addresses they said if it was that PAYG wouldnt load either I have tried everything to no avail my ip begins with 2 but rebooting my router wont alter it very frustrating,Surely it has to be tescos fault.

Thanks

Leave your router off overnight and reboot it in the morning, there is then a good chance you will get a fresh IP address. Have you raised this on the o2user.co.uk forum, they may have different advice.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dave a is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: orange broadband sky TV.
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Leave your router off overnight and reboot it in the morning, there is then a good chance you will get a fresh IP address. Have you raised this on the o2user.co.uk forum, they may have different advice.
      My router is off all night every night it always starts with 2 .I got a text off tesco today check usage just login to your online account tried to reply with some witty comment but it wouldnt send typical

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I 'd guess it might be a routing issue, unfortunately the last few hops don't respond to a standard ICMP tracert, even on a working connection (which is not uncommon), but they do respond to a tcp trace route (tracetcp) on port 443

here's the last few hops in case you want to check if and where it fails with your 2... IP addresses.

C:\Documents and Settings\Me>tracetcp paymonthly.tescomobile.com:443

Tracing route to 83.245.55.201 [201-55-245-83.packetexchange.net] on port 443
      <snipped>
      6 * * * Request timed out.
      7 43 ms 42 ms 42 ms 212.113.23.125
      8 42 ms 42 ms 41 ms 89.167.138.178 [178-138-167-89.packetexchange.net]
      9 Destination Reached in 43 ms. Connection established to 83.245.55.201
      Trace Complete.

(212.113.23.125 belongs to .Level 3 Communications)

As its not a standard windows command, I'm using this one, which also requires winpcap tracetcp
      Last edited by fuzzy logic; 22-04-11 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave a View Post
      My router is off all night every night it always starts with 2 .I got a text off tesco today check usage just login to your online account tried to reply with some witty comment but it wouldnt send typical
      It looks like Orange have made their addresses not actually static, but sticky. They could do this by allocating a set number of addresses to an exchange and if all of these are the 2.xxx type it will be impossible to change them. With Sky you can usually get a change by leaving the router off for a period, if this does not work for you all you can do is call Orange support and tell them the problem you are having.

It is something that will work itself out in time, but it is not very convenient if it is causing problems now.

One thing you can try is using Hotspot Shield. I don't know if it would work in your case as the address you are given is USA based which may cause problems logging into a secure server. A friend of mine tried it and found she could not log into her account on Ladbrokes. You can download it from here if you want to try it -
      Hotspot Shield

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast