Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sagemcom F@st 2304N - RE: Tech & Info

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@st 2304N - RE: Tech & Info within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; It is possible that you fried the d-link....

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@st 2304N - RE: Tech & Info

It is possible that you fried the d-link.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

2. Advertisement
      kazz0817 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Would an overheated router act that way though? Constant disconnects etc.

It got to the stage where I could not even log in to the routers, the Sagem has been left in a cool place overnight and internets been fine.

Friends just offered me a brand new DLINK 2640S free (Sky version of my old router). Should I keep the Sagemcom or take the DLINK 2640S. I know the DLINK works flawlessly when looked after lol. And I read online that DLINK is a top router brand especially when compared to Sagemcom. But people seem to say the Sagemcom is better performance than the 2640S.

Im not sure as not a techy on stats etc, but the DLINK looks tons better. But if the Sagem outperforms it by miles I may keeep that
      Last edited by kazz0817; 01-04-11 at 07:43 AM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It looks like you have been making toasties of your routers. All routers should be stood upright or if you must use them on flat, kept free of obstruction all round to allow plenty of circulation around them. Stacking them with other devices is not a good idea. This was a common problem in the early days when the DG834GTs were being cooked by not using the stands,

Although spec wise the Dlink is inferior, especially with wireless, there are quite a few having problems with the new Sagemcom. If it does what you want I would hold on to the newer model. If it fails you will get a replacement, which with a bit of luck, may even be the 2504N, which is even better.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yeah I want the 2504N, I might see if they will send me one and say my disconnects is new router they sent lol

Exchange:
      Thanks

Got my Sky callback today, mentioned overheating, and told them the internets been fine since moving my router, I have not had one single disconnect for 16 hours now!!! I think we have sussed it.

The guy on the phone said he wants to send me a router anyways, as I may have damaged this replacement 2304N even if it was overheating for only 24 hours it can set me up for future problems, he said make sure I keep this new one on the stand. When asked what router he is sending me, he said the 2304N may be getting phased out, as there are sooo many complaints with the model, he said it was the newer one. He said it is similar to the black one (which sounds like the one he is sending me is not black??) Or is that just figure of speach? I thought they only do black ones now.

So which Routers come after the 2304N, I know the 2504N, but is there any others?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think the 2504N is the latest and not likely to be replaced for some time to come. From what we have seen on the forum the 2304N seems to have been a disaster. I have seen the new Sagemcom described as 'like a miniature HD box' I don't know how true this is.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

We don't have a choice which router is sent.

Unless CST have a choice.

Don't see the new one begin replaced either unless there is an issue with not being able to make it full N.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12