Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Port Forwarding Issues Asap! Please

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding Issues Asap! Please within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey guys, I have followed the guide on the forum and followed the guides on the other forums I have ...

xron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: xron25@hotmail.co.uk
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Port Forwarding Issues Asap! Please

Hey guys,

I have followed the guide on the forum and followed the guides on the other forums

I have used 2 different port forward programs one i paid for and still no good.

i am not sure my router will ever port forward and its causing me to be unable to play games which I have paid for.

Is there anyway if I ring sky they can remotely open all my ports, or the one i need.

Thanks

P.s anyone with ideas please offer some help :P

My attempt at opening all ports, does not work

2. Advertisement
      I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Re: Port Forwarding Issues Asap! Please

Sky bb technical don't provide support for port forwarding you will just be told to google it.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Download Simple Port Forwarding and use it to set up your ports. To avoid confusion, reset your router before using the tool.
      Download Simple Port Forwarding | Simple Port Forwarding

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

DownWithSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have been experiencing port issues over the past couple of days with MSN and XBL and so I got fed up and called sky (freephone from saynoto0870 obviously) and their guy was difficult to understand what he was going on about half the time. But what I did get was that they're having major issues with XBL and MSN porting at the minute, but it should be done in 24 hours, so don't pay for any porting software as it won't work as sky isn't properly working for some of their porting set up stuff at the minute.

Hope this is useful,

PS what I'd really recommend is just leave sky that's what I'm about to do, they're good with TV but their broadband is frankly almost as appaling as their customer service team!

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DownWithSky View Post
      I have been experiencing port issues over the past couple of days with MSN and XBL and so I got fed up and called sky (freephone from saynoto0870 obviously) and their guy was difficult to understand what he was going on about half the time. But what I did get was that they're having major issues with XBL and MSN porting at the minute, but it should be done in 24 hours, so don't pay for any porting software as it won't work as sky isn't properly working for some of their porting set up stuff at the minute.

Hope this is useful,

PS what I'd really recommend is just leave sky that's what I'm about to do, they're good with TV but their broadband is frankly almost as appaling as their customer service team!
      What is wrong with their BB?
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Rubbish, Sky, apart from the Connect package, is probably the best value broadband available. There are some malcontents, who either have very bad external lines or who are unwilling to do anything about their internal wiring, whom Sky can do nothing for. They are in a minority.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

vampman05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

heres a website i use most of the time Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com might be useful to you as well.