Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router Info, What Box? (Not Technical)

This is a discussion on Router Info, What Box? (Not Technical) within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I was having some problems with my broadband dropping connection on a daily basis, this happened all of a sudden ...

evokazz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Router Info, What Box? (Not Technical)

I was having some problems with my broadband dropping connection on a daily basis, this happened all of a sudden after working for years fine. I had a Netgear router, the white one that they first sent out. I threw that router into the attic and bought a DLINK 2640R as I wanted 2 XBOX consoles on one router, and the Netgear did not support this. The DLINK has been flawless. Sky technical support told me they would send me a new router. I told them the truth about the DLINK, and the girl on the phone was not bothered in the least. My router arrived today, I was told I may get the DLINK 2640S, but I received a Sagem router, it kinda looks like the Sky HD1TB box but smaller lol.

Anyways, thats the background, now for my question, my line has suddenly started working again now!! After all that, so I was wondering, should I still replace the router with the Sagem? Or is the DLINK a better router? Basically which is better, the Sagem, or the DLINK?

Just to throw this in quickly also, will the Sagem support 2 XBOX 360 Consoles with open NAT?

I can't seem to find much info on google, tech review sites seem to say the Sagem is a cracking little box, but I rather ask you guys as you seem to know what your talking about first hand.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Router Info, What Box? (Not Technical)

Is it the new Sagemcom router? If it is there are a few reports of them being faulty right out of the box. It has a wireless N rating, but no one has actually confirmed what speed it pushes out. Some say 72mbps, but that is not really a recognised wireless speed.

No reports if it supports 2 consoles with open NAT yet, maybe you will be the first to try it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

evokazz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Haha I just tried it and it wont even turn on!! Jeez.

Im gonna ring Sky again tomorrow on the chance they send me another router, is there anyways I can request a DLINK? or is it get what your given kinda thing?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Its usually a case of what is on top of the pile. You could ask if they will send you a refurbished one, I hear that that way you will get one of the older ones, but you might end up with one of the old Sagems, which would be a step back. You would be better just taking pot luck, the new Sagem should be better, its just a case of getting one that works.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

boot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You need to specifically ask for an A Grade router if you wish to receive one that is slightly older - my guess would be that you'll the get the dlink.