Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband wireless setup, help needed please

This is a discussion on Broadband wireless setup, help needed please within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have been with Sky only a few weeks, this is my 2nd router from them and still I cannot ...

bengallover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: justlikeeeyore@hotmail.co.uk
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question Broadband wireless setup, help needed please

I have been with Sky only a few weeks, this is my 2nd router from them and still I cannot connect my laptop to the network wirelessly. I am not great with technology but I never had a problem connecting through my old broadband supplier and D-Link router.

I can connect through the ethernet cable, I have altered the settings on the router to WEP and 802.11g only and using these settings I can finally see the router on my iphone and finally connect to it, but it has to be running through the laptop to be able to connect the iphone.

The router is a d-link DSL-2640S, I am running Vista on my laptop which is a Dell Studio 1535.

Can anyone offer any help as I am now lost.

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Broadband wireless setup, help needed please

I take it you can't see your wireless network when you scan for wirelesses on your laptop?
      If yes,
      What channel is your router on? If you've got it on channel 12 or 13 and have got a non-european wifi card in your laptop you wont be able to see your wireless network.

If you want you can extract your login details from your sky router and put these into your dlink router.

bengallover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: justlikeeeyore@hotmail.co.uk
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Broadband wireless setup, help needed please

Quote Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
      I take it you can't see your wireless network when you scan for wirelesses on your laptop?
      If yes,
      What channel is your router on? If you've got it on channel 12 or 13 and have got a non-european wifi card in your laptop you wont be able to see your wireless network.

If you want you can extract your login details from your sky router and put these into your dlink router.
      Hi thank you for taking the time to reply

No I couldn't see it at all. Have been sat here trying different things including changing the router channel, which for me seems to work better on Auto. Have changed to WEP encryption and finally I am connected both through my laptop and my iphone without the intermittance of before.

I have also extracted my login details as found on another thread on here, so any more trouble and I shall out the sky router, but for now all is good. Finally!