Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky CD Rip?

This is a discussion on Sky CD Rip? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hmm this is getting annoying now. I have just managed to get it to work some how, and flashed the ...

dLockers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky CD Rip?

Hmm this is getting annoying now.

I have just managed to get it to work some how, and flashed the firmware you posted. I know its worked as my wireless settings have reverted to some obscure sky default.

However, it still doesn't find my device when I try and flash the D834G firmware? This is the correct firmware for the 934G isn't it??

Many thanks
      Darren

Edit

Disregard. Think I have cracked it. Turns out you need to RTFM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Turns out you need to RTFM
      Always a good idea

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Always a good idea
      Any chance you can assist me with my DG834GT? I'm on a vendetta to get this working now so I can use WDS.

Basically I knackered up a reflash apparently a while back, but was assured the new router was wireless N so didn't care too much (another story).

I have just flashed it using the DG834PN trick posted in another topic, to the official firmware (and just again, to the DGTeam 1018 version).

There are packets transfering when I set a manual IP address, but no internet connectivity and no web based interface.

On the router only the power light and ethernet symbol are lit up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't know anything about the DGTeam firmware, but it may be set to turn the wireless off by default. I have heard of this being done for security reasons. If this is the case and you are not plugged into the internet the only lights will be the ones you see. Can you get into to the router settings? Did you check if the wireless was enabled?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I don't know anything about the DGTeam firmware, but it may be set to turn the wireless off by default. I have heard of this being done for security reasons. If this is the case and you are not plugged into the internet the only lights will be the ones you see. Can you get into to the router settings? Did you check if the wireless was enabled?
      This is the problem, I cannot access anything at all on the router. Web based, ping (192.168.0.1), yet the communication over ethernet light flashes.

The only other light lit up is the power light. Internet and the tick arrow are not lit.

Thanks

Does the DGTeam firmware change the address? Try connecting to the router and opening a Command Prompt. Type ipconfig /all and this will show you the address being used by the router. I know you probably know how to do this but might not have not thought of it.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Check ur ipv4 settings and make sure you are obtaining an ip address and the subnet mask automatically on your computers ethernet port.

If it still doesn't work reflash the router using the netgear utility. Use the DG-Team firmware with the the flash utility.

Maybe try a different ethernet cable too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12