Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

New D-Link DSL-2640S Firmware Sky_2.04?

This is a discussion on New D-Link DSL-2640S Firmware Sky_2.04? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Kona Owner still no sign of it for me so it makes me wonder if it is ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: New D-Link DSL-2640S Firmware Sky_2.04?

Quote Originally Posted by Kona Owner View Post
      still no sign of it for me so it makes me wonder if it is only for SVBN punters?
      If you have the Dlink, maybe you should change your type in your Profile

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Kona Owner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: BT HomeHub4
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I have the Sagem as well though and if the problems continue with the D-Link i think it maybe going back on

tobykim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01407
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

My D Links reporting Mer still have my line rental and calls with BT

Exchange:
      Thanks

Tar for that.

I was hoping that i would have been switched to the SVBN by now but 9 months later i am not on it (and would therefore conclude my exchange doesn't have sky equipment in it LOL)

Oddly although i have not got the new firmware my D-Link has become rock solid, it cant hold a sync so good over night but this has been the same with every broadcom chipset router i have had but it has stopped random rebooting, it must have been a line fault.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I was hoping that i would have been switched to the SVBN by now but 9 months later
      Do you have phone rental with Sky? If not, you will not be put on the SVBN. If you do have it Sky have probably not got round to upgrading the phone side of the exchange. I can't remember anyone reporting an improvement when moved to the SVBN, the opposite would seem to be the norm. Of course, very few report when their connection improves only when it degrades.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Do you have phone rental with Sky? If not, you will not be put on the SVBN. If you do have it Sky have probably not got round to upgrading the phone side of the exchange. I can't remember anyone reporting an improvement when moved to the SVBN, the opposite would seem to be the norm. Of course, very few report when their connection improves only when it degrades.
      I have had line rental with Sky for 9 months but i still only get "welcome to your messaging service" and not the Sky version.

Even on this site the odd person on a long line have reported that ADSL2+ worked better on the SVBN than on BT equipment. It seems people with a great connection to start with see the reverse though. TBH though i cant see much changing when it happens but on a 4+km line you have to live in hope ROFL.

BritBrat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Mine has been updated to Firmware Sky_2.04 and I am also BT line rental and only broadband with Sky.

I will run some test when in the mood to see if user/pass and mac spoofing works on two netgear routers I have DGN2000 and DG834GT.

duckie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi There.

My Sky Broadband is due to be activated at some point tomorrow. My D-Link DSL 2640S router arrived a week or so ago, but it is still in its box – not much point in taking it out whilst BT are still supplying the broadband.

I really want to use my current set up to connect to the internet: Vigor 120 modem, Apple Time Capsule (1TB) router, Mac mini. I was happy to read in other posts that fuzzy logic had successfully designed a program that would extract the username and password for this router. However, seeing as my router is so new, I imagine that it has the v2.04 firmware on it.

A (huge) plea to fuzzy logic – is there anyway round this?

If there is and I can get the user name and password, am I ok to use my own set up from tomorrow even though DLM will be running for 10 days?

Here’s hoping.

Duckie.

BritBrat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I am no expert but I would guess it has the older firmware, connect it to a computer and look but not to phone line.

Then download the User/Pass programe and get yourself all set to use it then when you do connect to phone line get your details before doing anything else.

I think but not sure you can get the details without being active with Sky.

To extract the password, the router must have an ADSL sync - (doesn't have to be a sky connection). If it fails to extract the password, but reports the adsl stats ok, then it is probably being blocked by your PC's firewall. If the router is blocked by a firewall (Windows Firewall seems to be a common culprit), its user interface will stop responding until the blocked request times out (about 2 minutes). Temporarily set the firewall running on your PC to allow inbound access on port 8888, or disable it while you extract your password. Then, once the router's UI starts responding again, my app should work ok. You should remove the firewall rule once you've extracted the password, it is not required to access your detailed stats.

Mel's Notes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BritBrat For This Useful Post:

duckie (03-03-11)

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duckie View Post
      Hi There.

My Sky Broadband is due to be activated at some point tomorrow. My D-Link DSL 2640S router arrived a week or so ago, but it is still in its box – not much point in taking it out whilst BT are still supplying the broadband.

I really want to use my current set up to connect to the internet: Vigor 120 modem, Apple Time Capsule (1TB) router, Mac mini. I was happy to read in other posts that fuzzy logic had successfully designed a program that would extract the username and password for this router. However, seeing as my router is so new, I imagine that it has the v2.04 firmware on it.

A (huge) plea to fuzzy logic – is there anyway round this?

If there is and I can get the user name and password, am I ok to use my own set up from tomorrow even though DLM will be running for 10 days?

Here’s hoping.

Duckie.
      I would think that there's a good chance that it will have the original firmware on it. You could try extracting the password while still on BT, as the password should be available to my program while the router is attempting to establish a PPPoA connection, but check that the username it extracts is the router's LAN Port MAC address (in lower case)@skydsl and the password is 15 characters.

If Sky take over your line before you have a chance to extract the password, then
      you might want to make sure the router doesn't try to upgrade itself, before you get a chance to extract it, by temporarily killing the upgrade process. You can do that by setting the Sky router up with the phone line disconnected, enabling the "advanced" option on my program's menu and entering the following command in the box "killall upgrader" (in place of the xdslctl command line) and either hit return or click on the "execute" button. Then plug the phoneline in and extract the password after it has obtained an ADSL sync.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy logic For This Useful Post:

duckie (03-03-11)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast