Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sagem F@ST 2504 dead after firmware upgrade ..

This is a discussion on Sagem F@ST 2504 dead after firmware upgrade .. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi Guys This is my first post here !! I hope someone can advise me .... Over the last few ...

Russty76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem F@ST 2504 dead after firmware upgrade ..

Hi Guys

This is my first post here !! I hope someone can advise me ....

Over the last few days my "Sagem F@ST 2504" router has been losing connection quite a lot and on Saturday it gave up the ghost completley. I tried the age old turn it off for 5 mins and then back on plus I hit the reset button but no joy. The router just now shows the "tick" line test light constantley.

I spoke to Sky and they said that Sagem have been pushing upgrades out and some routers have been bricked. The only thing I can do is do a manual firmware fix using the disc I received when signing up. Has this happened to anyone else? does this sound like a valid explanation from Sky?

Problem is I cant find the disk so have to wait for them to post me one ... 5 days !! very annoying.

is there anywhere online that I can download the file I need for the fix rather than waiting for the disk?

Thanks guys

Russ

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sagem F@ST 2504 dead after firmware upgrade ..

Can you get access to the router's settings pages? If you can't, an image would be no use to you, even if you can find one. The version 4 Sky disk has a recovery utility for the Sagem, which is said to work if the router is found by the PC. I have not read of anyone who has actually done it. All you can do is wait for the disk to arrive. If it does not work, Sky should replace your router foc as they bricked it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Unless the power light and test light are flashing between each other, then I can imagine you won't be able to get any kind of local connection to attempt a firmware restore. I take it all four ethernet port lights are on also? If so, you're not going to get any local connection to actually attempt a firmware restore. As Isitme said, waiting on the CD is very likely to be pointless.

Personally, I'd suggest don't even bother waiting on the CD. Call up again and have someone send you a new router out. It's 28 if it's older than one year, but for the fact Sky have bricked it themselves then I'd suggest kicking up a fuss and you should get one free.

Russty76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Hi guys

got hold of a CD yesterday and called Sky to try and do a re-install. It failed, So they are sending me a new router out. He didn't mention any cost to me so I assume its free ! router is about 3 years old but pretty sure it was the attempted update from them that killed it.

cheers

AlexS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Draytek Vigor 130 + Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Considering it's pot luck which router you get from Sky, what will you do if it's another Sagem and the same thing happens ?
      Sky might be using up their stock of Sagems pretty quickly !

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

If the same thing happens after 3 years and they then send out a new one FOC I connot see what the problem is, seems like good service to me.

andyb15 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Thanks

I have tried to upload the generic Sagem file to a f@st2504 running Sky 2.8 that I bought on eBay, so I could have a spare router at low cost in case of problems.

After it rebooted I only get two leds, the lan I am connected on and the internet @ led. All others are extinguished.

I cannot get the login page to try and load the image again and the V4 recovery on the CD fails with an error saying it cannot find the router, despite setting the address manually to 192.168.1.2

Is this router now scrap or is there a way to recover it as I cannot find a way??

Thanks

Did you follow the instruction given in this PDF - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/attac...your-sagem.pdf

You should not have an internet light showing as the internet connection should be unplugged.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

AndyJG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSHAR (South Harrow)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You should not have an internet light showing as the internet connection should be unplugged.
      I flashed a Sky 2504 with 2404 firmware last year and it does have a RED light for the internet connection even when not connected to anything.
      I seem to remember that it turned green when all sunk up with the exchange.

So possibly all is not lost with this one.

Andy

Thanks

I have done several and I cannot remember a red light coming on with any of them, except when first connected to the phone line. It then turns flashing orange, steady orange and then green. The check (tick) light will continue to flash until the ADSL is plugged in. That is with the V. 3.24a4 software, others may be different.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast