Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

New Sky Router - D-Link DSL-2640S

This is a discussion on New Sky Router - D-Link DSL-2640S within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by RD123 Sorry, can anyone point me to the link/program/instructions that might allow me to extract the adsl ...

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Router - D-Link DSL-2640S

Quote Originally Posted by RD123 View Post
      Sorry, can anyone point me to the link/program/instructions that might allow me to extract the adsl username and password from this ropey d-link router? I'm not clear if anyone has cracked it yet. Thanks
      It has been cracked. If your finding it ropey (not sure if you are referring to the wireless range when you say about it been ropey, but if you are) have you tried changing the wireless channel to a channel a few away from what are been used in your area, this sometimes improves performance. You can use the inSSIDer program to show what wireless channels are in use in your area, and from there pick one that is separated from the others by a few channels.

From the use I have had from the D-Link DSL-2640S, I find it surprisingly good and stable, I have nearly 900 hours without a disconnection or the requiring of a reboot, my main usage is wired and I only use wireless for when I am using my iPhone, in my home I find the wireless range a tad better than my Netgear DG834GT. A lot of people report poor wireless range in newish homes due to the walls been insulated with foil lined foam boards, which can play havoc with the wireless signal.

inSSIDer program:
      inSSIDer Wi-Fi Scanner | MetaGeek

Here's a link to the authors site for the extraction program:
      Mel's Notes: DSL2640S

Here's another topic on the Sky User forum which is based on extracting the username and password from the D-Link DSL-2640S:
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extra...tml#post291961

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tal71 For This Useful Post:

RD123 (02-12-10),Wam7 (23-11-10)

3. Advertisement
      RD123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Brilliant - many thanks - I've now run the extraction program and set up my Cisco/Linksys wireless N router in 10 minutes after many frustrating hours getting nowhere. The problem with the D-Link was not stability (which I agree is fine) but wireless range in our 4 storey victorian house. I've now got max signal throughout. Cheers.

riomar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi Bloozman, I am having the same problem as you, and am pulling my hair out trying to get my Sky broadband router password. I have bought a new Belkin router as the sky d-link router
      woud'nt give me enough signal from my computer which is in the garage, to the house.
      I think the username is the Mac code, but have no idea how to find the password. I am no Techie, but not totally stupid. Did you have any luck finding yours? I notice the previous post to yours is 2006,not exactly up to the minute replys.
      If you managed to resolve your problem I would very much appreciate any help.Many thanks in advance, riomar

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

If your referring to having trouble finding the password on the D-link DSL-2640S. If you read my post on post 41 (two up from yours) then all the instructions can be found by reading my post and clicking on the links in my post

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345