Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Sagem solid orange light

This is a discussion on Sky Sagem solid orange light within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey, have tried to search all threads on here but cant find one of my problem. it started 30 nov, ...

bigking97 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01429
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Sagem solid orange light

Hey, have tried to search all threads on here but cant find one of my problem.

it started 30 nov, the @ turned orange and did not connect to internet, i phoned sky and after 20 worth of calls later they decided to tell me it was b ecause my line was having work on it, which was call 'line stability' and would take up to 7 days.

it finished at 1230 on saturday 7th dec ...... was told to reset....did not work and still have big stupid orange light.

i have tried to change the mirco filter thing, plug direct into the BT 'test line' (i think its called) were you use the inside socket, unplug everything and turn it off for 30 min etc......still no luck.

Anyone have advice as im sick of being put through the same trials when i phone costing me a bomb!..NEW TO SKY AND ONLY WORKED FOR 2 DAYS!! GRRRR

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Sagem solid orange light

I'm afraid you will have to persevere with sky. A permanent orange light means the router cant sync with the exchange equipment. It could be a faulty router, but bearing in mind they have already told you that your line was being worked on I'd be more inclined to suspect that.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

actually it is syncing - just not getting an IP address...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

And it's something that we have seen a lot of recently

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      actually it is syncing - just not getting an IP address...
      Ooops, sorry my mistake - but now we have the solution to the problem .....

Mozza is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 3162
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I've had the same issues since sky bb activation - worked for a day, the that taunting Amber @ light since. After approx 8 hours on the phone to CST still no progress in a week. Never had any connection issues with the 4 other ISP's we've had over the past several years.

Icing on the cake; BT Openreach engineer scheduled to come out to check the connection on our side (as all seems to be peachy according to SKY) and no show. Never had to remove the faceplate on our master socket until one of the Tier 1 guys asked us to to find the test socket - we don't have one it turns out. I requested sky send open reach out as, although it has worked faultlessly since we moved in, I wanted to rule out the mess we found behind the faceplate upon removal in the event we had disturbed some of the precariously wired up cables whilst doing something under their instructions.

We've eliminated a router fault as were sent a second one fairly prompty. Have also hacked our Netgear router (purchase at great expense) to mirror the Sagem router and still no connection.

The most frustrating matter is that it worked for literally a day and has been without connection since. A CST guy was able to ping our router to get the IP address when he dropped the bandwidth to 156 Kbps. When it worked for the day, we were connecting at around 8Mbits.

Now in router stats on the homepage the broadband status says 'disconnected' and yet in the set up section I'm getting the following in the Modem stats:

Modem status: connected
      Downstream connection speed: 16378 Kbps
      Upstream connection speed: 764 Kbps

What I don't understand is that the above says we are connected (quite well) to the phone company (BT) and yes the broadband status reads disconnected, with SKY CST remaining adamant that all looks good from their side.

Surely this points to the fact that someone needs to 'flick a switch' at Sky? I'm getting the distinct impression that we are going to get passed like a hot potato between Sky and Open Reach when the problem clearly lies somewhere within the infrastructure of our new ISP provider?!

Sorry for the rant - over speaking to Tier 1 and CST emloyees who are clearly under the pump due and having to deal with a high volume of irrate customers, I do honestly feel for them and they do try to help. I want to talk to that Tecchie guy in the back room who hasn't seen the light of day for 5 years because he's had his head in the racks room and actually knows what's going over there!

Or better, someone on here who actually knows their shizzle and won't give me the stock standard response read from a computer screen

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Ok, let me confirm a few things:

- Your internet light is solid amber?
      - On either of your routers, you can't actually get an IP address listed on the router's page? (Under ADSL port section on the Sky router)
      - Do you have Sky talk line rental and has anyone mentioned to you about a 'tone test'?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Modem status: connected
      Downstream connection speed: 16378 Kbps
      Upstream connection speed: 764 Kbps

What I don't understand is that the above says we are connected (quite well) to the phone company (BT) and yes the broadband status reads disconnected, with SKY CST remaining adamant that all looks good from their side.
      This means that ADSL2+ is active on your line, but it is not authenticating with the Sky servers. All you can do is keep calling in the hope that you get someone who knows what they are doing. When you do, explain to them that the router is seeing ADSL but is not authenticating and they should be able to work out what is going on. This happened to quite a few some years ago and it was discovered that the router MAC had not been scanned into the Sky system before it was sent out. It may not be what is happening to you, as you have tried 2 routers, but it is a possibility.

One good thing is that it shows you will have a good speed when it is sorted out.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Mozza is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 3162
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Thanks

Yes Internet light is solid Amber, no IP address in'ADSL port' section in router status, and have sky talk for calls, but line rental still with BT....

And thanks itisme and skyuser05 - I realised I've just hijacked bigking97's thread but thought the probs might be of a similar nature!

Will start a new thread... Cheers guys