Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Sagem router and VPN

This is a discussion on Sagem router and VPN within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by dgilbert2 Answered my own question ; http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-r...-ver-04-a.html Glad you got it working your way. I think it ...

edwar368 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sagem router and VPN

Quote Originally Posted by dgilbert2 View Post
      Glad you got it working your way. I think it does mention in the solution on here somewhere that adding the registry key only works for version 5 of Nortel or higher.
      I had this problem last week when my Netgear packed up, and found this post. Originally the registry fix did not work for me, but I had version 4 of Nortel. Luckily I managed ti simply uninstall V4 and installed V6 and then applied the registry fix, and now it works brilliantly once more.

Thanks to all who contributed to this solution

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Sky will now give you updated firmware for the Sagem which allows VPN to work. Just call them and they will download it to your router within a few days,

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

ILoveTuna is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01902
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Sky will now give you updated firmware for the Sagem which allows VPN to work. Just call them and they will download it to your router within a few days,
      Hi, I have the VPN problem now but called sky and they know nothing of the firmware upgrade. Is there a specific number that you can call to speak to someone who knows what they are on about?
      thanks,

Thanks

Sorry, I don't think there is a special number for it. It is just a case of getting a clued up agent who knows what to do. Maybe one of the Sky bods who post here will know what you should do.

There was updated firmware released a couple of months ago which probably included the update, but it was withdrawn due to the number of bugs found in it. I would think that will be getting released again, but when, I do not know.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't think there is a special number for it. It is just a case of getting a clued up agent who knows what to do. Maybe one of the Sky bods who post here will know what you should do.

There was updated firmware released a couple of months ago which probably included the update, but it was withdrawn due to the number of bugs found in it. I would think that will be getting released again, but when, I do not know.
      Called again and got through to someone else who eventually said he will send out an updated. Which i assume is firmware within 48 hours.

So we will see hopefully it will be sorted!!

Quite scary the consistency between call centre staff thou!!!

Thanks

Leave your router plugged in and powered up overnight as the update will probably come down then. It was taking a couple of days previously to get it out.

TomD

Useful Utilites

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

There is definitely a new FW for the Sagem due out. I believe that it is being pushed out at the moment. 2.6 or similar I think it is.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Leave your router plugged in and powered up overnight as the update will probably come down then. It was taking a couple of days previously to get it out.
      Well waited 2 days and nothing has happened as i expected!! Still no VPN..

Guess i have to call back and start the complaints process why dont people do what they say they will does my head in !!

Thanks

Have you checked your Router's firmware version number? It may have updated without you being aware of it.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Have you checked your Router's firmware version number? It may have updated without you being aware of it.
      No i havent to be honest anyone know the version numbers of the old and new firmware?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast