Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Keyword blocking not working Netgear DG934G-1SKUKS

This is a discussion on Keyword blocking not working Netgear DG934G-1SKUKS within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; NetNanny is the granny of them all, but you have to set up accounts for the users and make sure ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Keyword blocking not working Netgear DG934G-1SKUKS

NetNanny is the granny of them all, but you have to set up accounts for the users and make sure they use them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Hi all again

I have never used the Sky Netgear router because of various issues that I found with the original Sky firmware and the dropout problems with the GT version of that router. Also the site blocking feature I don't think was even there on the original Sky Firmware.

Anyway I have always used my own Netgear router which is the non GT version with Netgear's original firmware and mine will block sites using keywords and URLs. The only problem that I have found using keywords is that it is pretty indiscriminate (obviously) on what it blocks.

So I would imagine it is a flaw in the Sky firmware version rather than a problem with the router.

Mandark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02890
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Keyword blocking not working Netgear DG934G-1SKUKS

I have entered all keywords that I would deem inappropriate for web use but it has blocked every site from yahoo to sky news etc.
      The sky router has blocked every site, every search.
      I have checked through all the blocked keywords and nothing should conflict with yahoo, google or searching for sky news etc etc

I have clicked 'Apply' after each keyword added but everything is blocked now and I have to click 'Never' for keyword blocking now just to use the net.

Can anyone help?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

What words are you blocking? Remember it is not only the specific word which is blocked but any word containing that word. As an example block 'sex' and any attempt to bring up a site containing that word will be blocked, eg, Middlesex, Essex, sextuplet.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12