Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unsupported signal on one tv, judder on another

This is a discussion on Unsupported signal on one tv, judder on another within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have had an intermittent problem for over a year but just recently it's been unsolvable and can no longer ...

Claire1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unsupported signal on one tv, judder on another

I have had an intermittent problem for over a year but just recently it's been unsolvable and can no longer watch sky on my Sony TV. I get unupported signal, check device output. I tried another tele and on that one (a Blaupunkt), I get severe judder and it is unwatchable. I have tried other Hdmi leads. I have been through tech support with sky and they told me to do a software update on both teles and tried to claim it wasn't a sky problem. I have done this but still doesn't work. I have tried changing the resolution as well but this also makes no difference. I am not very technical so need step by step advice please.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Unsupported signal on one tv, judder on another

Is it Sky Q or the old HD sky box? If it’s Sky Q ring them and tell them to send an engineer to sort it or you will cancel, they own Sky Q boxes so it’s there problem to sort out. If you have issues on 2 TV’s it’s most likely the box.

Claire1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

We did have an engineer out over a year ago that temporarily sorted it. Aftwr that, when it came back, I went through tech support by text with them and they tried to blame the teles (both of them). I have now done as they said and updated both teles' software. Now it's impossible to speak to Sky (they have put on their website please don't ring us and suspended text and email support as are prioritising vulnerable customers). It's sky q.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If it’s Sky Q then it’s there problem. Might be worth borrowing a portable TV of someone to try just to be 100%. When you ring them press the button for joining/leaving Sky, you should hopefully get through to a person! Then say you want to leave Sky explain your issues they should put you retentions. Hopefully they can sort an engineer. Ask for money back for the period it’s been faulty.