Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Persistent daily or more Silver and Mini lockups...

This is a discussion on Persistent daily or more Silver and Mini lockups... within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Is anyone else here seeing this? Since mid-September our boxes have been crashing often daily, at best 2 or 3 ...

nry
      nry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Persistent daily or more Silver and Mini lockups...

Is anyone else here seeing this?

Since mid-September our boxes have been crashing often daily, at best 2 or 3 times per week.

They were fine before, no change to anything.

We've had our third set of Silver/Mini boxes yesterday...the new external PSU Silver too...

The Mini crashed during TV viewing within 5 minutes of the engineer leaving, purpley picture and vibrating sound...

The Silver crashed this morning whilst on standby, amber light, TV off, all of a sudden the fans kick in at full speed...

Both need the power lead removed and plugged in again to get them to respond...

Powerline disabled, WiFi and ethernet in use, power mode is 'Off'...

Getting stupid now, extremely frustrating...

After a suggestion on Sky Community, today I set both boxes to use a static IP, obviously I won't know if this helps until things don't happen again for at least a week or two...

Suggestions and thoughts welcome, we're being passed up to the next level of support now, beyond the normal day to day engineers. This seems common enough on the official Sky forums as well, but nothing fixed yet...

2. Advertisement
      geaves is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Braintree
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: HH5
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Persistent daily or more Silver and Mini lockups...

That's not good I'm somewhat concerned now as I have Q set for Monday 4th, my son moved out and I had to give sky 30 days notice to remove 1 +HD box.......so due to the length of time I have been with Sky if I moved to Q, i.e. started a new contract I could bypass the 30 days and no install cost, so I agreed.....hope I don't get the same issues and I hope you get yours sorted.