Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Disabled skyq wireless on router but it is still transmitting and able to connect

This is a discussion on Disabled skyq wireless on router but it is still transmitting and able to connect within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have sky fibre and Have just had Sky Q installed the 2TB skyQ box is connected to the sky ...

Jizzer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Disabled skyq wireless on router but it is still transmitting and able to connect

I have sky fibre and Have just had Sky Q installed the 2TB skyQ box is connected to the sky q router via Ethernet cable I have disabled 2.4g and 5g wireless access points via the router and have saved changes and even tried a reboot of the router

the wireless access point check boxes are unchecked yet its still transmitting the ssid and I am able to connect to the wireless network .

I am using a Ubiquiti Pro AC access point wired via ethernet to the router so i do not need the wireless feature of the sky Q router.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks Neil

2. Advertisement
      Jizzer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Disabled skyq wireless on router but it is still transmitting and able to connect

Found out why .Engineer menu on skyq box settings 001 enter and have disabled 2.4 and 5g network and it has stopped transmitting .I would have thought disabling wifi on router would turn it off globally but i guess the skyq box is transmitting wifi via the ethernet cable attached to the router as part of the mesh network.I did tell engineer at the time I did not want wifi as had access point already