Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Recordings.

This is a discussion on Recordings. within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Couple of things on this. Are your boxes in eco mode. This is now since the last firmware option the ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Recordings.

Couple of things on this.

Are your boxes in eco mode. This is now since the last firmware option the Sky recomended option.
      That would account for the blank thumbnail problem. Eco mode for Sky Q does do a lot more with refresh of the box than Sky+ did.
      Your firmware should be up to date as Sky have forced it to all boxes. But you may have missed it somehow, so check you have the 08-03-2017 firmware Q004.001.55.19L (4m1kdjz)
      Firmware detail listed at Home>Settings>System info
      There were fixes to thumbnail problems in this and the previous firmware update.

Also, do you have powerline turned on/off in your router settings here http://192.168.0.1/sky_plc.html
      The above firmware would have turned powerline off on your box, but you can check the status of that by going Home>Settings then prerssing 001 select on remote and looking in network for powerline status.
      Although it works for some and helps and works for some, Sky are still advising to turn powerline off at the moment, preferred connection being wifi and some ethernet.

For your stacks, is this all or just some? Could you list a few examples, a few screenshots would be good.

2. Advertisement
      146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Recordings.

Mine is in Eco and powerline is off. I haven't looked at the firmware lately, but whenever I have in the past it was always on the latest version available within a few days, so there is a fair chance it is, I'll get back to you on that.
      12 Monkeys has split again, all episodes are no longer under one icon as they were for 24 hours. Not a major problem, I'd much rather it didn't record every bit of live F1, if disk space was an issue it would be even more annoying.
      I only once asked it to record the race on series link. I suppose it is better than not recording the race.
      Minis are fine, signal fine and so is the internet connection (WiFi which is on 24/7).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12