Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ordering just Q silver no Mini

This is a discussion on Ordering just Q silver no Mini within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Has anyone been able to order a Silver box only. I don't need a Mini as well but the extra ...

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Ordering just Q silver no Mini

Has anyone been able to order a Silver box only.

I don't need a Mini as well but the extra storage (or rather same storage as current 2tB) and extra channel record of the silver would be useful.

The customize your package doesn't seem to allow it

2. Advertisement
      nivek1612 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Armitage
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTC 80/20
      Router: OPNsense and Billion 8800NL v1
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb+2xMini
      Thanks

Re: Ordering just Q silver no Mini

I'll have it :-) does seem strange you cant delete it though
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is what happens while your making plans

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Thanks for the offer

Point is that it should be possible to get the Silver box for a 42 sub, but I can't work out how. By lumping a mini in the sub goes up to 54

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-q...tml#post459011 It's the Sky Q bundle / Sky Q silver box option I'm interested in. 149 set up cost

therealdj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton
      Router: Sky SR101 Hub
      Thanks

I tried this myself, I was told the mini was "free" the only way to go for the 42 sub was to go for the standard q and not the silver. Any package including the silver was the higher cost. (So ive bought a TV for the bedroom instead )

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Just wonder if, after the initial contract period, you could return the mini and reduce your subscription charge whilst retaining the silver box.

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

It is supposed to be a viable option according to how things are listed in the pricing table advertised at launch but i think the problem is during the initial release period even most of the sales staff are confused about what is and is not possible and give out a lot of mis-information and of cause are probably highly trying to push everyone towards the higher monthly cost option.
      I remember reading in the small legal info text at the bottom of the pages somewhere about existing customers with HD or multiroom wanting the bundle without a mini and giving a specific number to ring for more info and to follow that upgrade path but i think you find in that situation you do not qualify for the discounted up front charge of 99 and have to pay 249/299 depending on Q box which is why alot still go for the silver bundle even if dont really want the mini.
      Basically it comes down to a choice between paying an extra 200 up front cost for a standalone silver box or and extra 12/month which comes to 216 over the 18 month contract.

Smart features fee: 249 for recording and related features with Sky Q or 299 with Sky Q Silver. Discounted to 99 if you already have Sky Broadband, Sky Movies or Sky Sports. or if you add Sky Movies or Sky Sports at their standard price, or if you add and agree to a new 18 month minimum subscriptions for Sky Broadband Unlimited or Sky Fibre/Unlimited plus Sky Talk & Line Rental at their standard price. One discount per household and not available in conjunction with other offers. Discount not available to existing Sky TV customers with HD or Multiscreen subscription upgrading to Sky Q - call 0808 160 1374 for more information on this upgrade path.
      Last edited by Moxey; 10-03-16 at 04:59 PM.