Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By wizard200

Replacement Channels

This is a discussion on Replacement Channels within the Sky Movies forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Hello All , Not sure if any members have had a chance to view the two New channels Sky Max ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub SR203UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Replacement Channels

Hello All , Not sure if any members have had a chance to view the two New channels Sky Max , Sky Showcase but for Me I must admit I am Not Impressed
      showcase is purely a mix of shows from other Sky channels so nothing New , and
      Sky Max is mainly a mix of comedy (if you can call it that) gameshows, shows with overpaid idiots making complete fools of themselves thinking that's funny & Sky original shows that leave alot to be desired.
      These channels are supposed to compensate for the loss of Sky one , Hallmark , Universal, Fox etc
      Thankfully I am now out of contract & can cancel anytime which after 23yrs is not something I envisaged but with more channels being lost & retained by the parent company : ie Disney+ for streaming it seems Sky may longer be first choice especially with the ever increasing price rises.

Just a Thought ..........🕷

HamMan likes this.

2. Advertisement
      coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT-Fibre-900
      Router: opnSense-I78550-Fanless
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Re: Replacement Channels

Everybody knows what Sky and Virgin are, and they know they are poor value. What they provide is easy for the technically challenged and/or lazy. What's really scary is work out how much you paid over the last 23 years, and what you actually got for that compared to someone watching free TV.

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub SR203UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Re: Replacement Channels

Hello Coipu , I would rather not think about how much I have paid over that time it's just
      that We seem to loose channels ( mainly the better one's) the parent company is gathering them back to offer there own streaming service at a
      price of course which just adds to the monthly bill maybe Now TV may be worth a look My thought is if you add Now , Disney+ etc you could end up paying more for
      Less plus like Sky you pay for channels you don't want anyway .
      It's really a catch 22 , plus should We really be paying extra for HD that is the default nowadays.

Just a Thought ..........
      Have a Good Weekend ​!!!!!!