https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...ence-to-thrill

Sky Cinema collaborates with Instagram sensation, Lucia Pittalis, to transform herself into cinema’s biggest stars using only make-up

Daniel Craig and Meryl Streep voted best movie stars of all time and Tom Hiddleston crowned hottest actor right now
Watch the Sky Cinema movie star transformation here

• Instagram star has undergone four spectacular makeovers to become Hollywood stars - Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Meryl Streep and Tom Hiddleston
  • Facial art commissioned to celebrate Sky Movies changing to Sky Cinema with a brand new premiere everyday
  • Each transformation took 12 hours and was captured on a time lapse video

Thursday 7 July 2016. Sky Cinema has collaborated with Italian internet sensation Lucia Pittalis to bring the silver screen to life by magically transforming herself into four of the greatest living film stars – Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Meryl Streep and Tom Hiddleston – using make-up alone, no camera tricks and no prosthetics.
From tomorrow (Friday 8 July) Sky Movies is changing to Sky Cinema when viewers will be treated to a new premiere each day, in addition to more than 1,000 movies on demand.

In celebration, Lucia handpicked four films premiering on Sky Cinema this summer, working her incredible artistry to morph into Daniel Craig’s James Bond in Spectre, Harrison Ford’s Han Solo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Meryl Streep’s Emmeline Pankhurst in Suffragette, not forgetting British heartthrob Tom Hiddleston who stars in Crimson Peak.

A recent survey of 2,000 Brits* commissioned by Sky Cinema reveals Daniel Craig and Meryl Streep are considered two of the best movie stars of all time. Craig won the accolade of ‘best actor of the past year’ and Streep topped the tables of both ‘best actresses of the past twenty years’ and ‘top five actresses ever’.

Harrison Ford also joined Daniel Craig in being voted one of the ‘top five actors of the past twenty years’, sharing the league with the likes of Tom Cruise and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Each movie makeover took Lucia a staggering 12 hours to complete. To get under the skin of each iconic character and understand every facial mannerism she watched and studied their performances in detail. The challenge was to not only capture their recognisable look but also a particular expression to really bring them to life on her own face.

Using extreme contouring as the foundation for each character Lucia applies subtle layers of make-up to build up each character. Having spent years perfecting her creativity and mimicking skills she is able to capture the rugged expressiveness of action hero Harrison Ford, the steely star and legendary pout of Daniel Craig, a gentle smile and natural warmth of Tom Hiddleston’s eyes and the air of confidence that makes Meryl Streep Hollywood’s most decorated actress.

Hiddleston also came out a winner in the nationwide poll – being crowned the hottest actor right now thanks to his racy role in Crimson Peak and current girlfriend Taylor Swift.

Lucia studied fine art for two years before training to become a make-up artist so this facial art is the magnificent combination of two talents.

Lucia Pittalis says, “I’ve made a name for myself on social media transforming myself into famous people using make-up, but this Sky Cinema project was the next level for me. It was such a thrill to look like James Bond one minute and then Emmeline Pankhurst the next! Sky Cinema is bringing blockbusters to the small screen, so I thought I’d try and bring some of the greatest actors of our time to life to celebrate the launch.”

Ian Lewis Group Director Sky Cinema says, “We’re delighted to work with a true master of facial art on such a mesmerising project to launch Sky Cinema. Lucia embodies the old adage ‘a face can tell a thousand stories’ by having a chameleon-like ability and skill to transform herself into our four Hollywood legends. You really couldn’t make-this-up if you tried."