Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot order sky box office movies.

This is a discussion on Cannot order sky box office movies. within the Sky Movies forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; I've never been able to order a box office movie using the remote. Now I'm not a heavy user of ...

phmilesc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bluebell Hill
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Cannot order sky box office movies.

I've never been able to order a box office movie using the remote. Now I'm not a heavy user of this service (and that might be a factor). But every once in a while I try to order a movie.

In the past I've been instructed to phone sky for assistance by the sky box on screen instructions. Who after the usual passing from one dept to another usually results in them having to order the movie for me.

Being told they cant waiver the 1 order by phone charge got me angry. But I did not rant

Last night and tonight again I had the same problem. Interesting that its not the same box. Now I've got the +hd. But the problem persists.

1. Press select to order or record results in one of 2 screens.
      a. "You cannot order this program(me)" or
      b. "To purchase this programme please call xxxx"
      2. Line tests by sky tech show everything is good and connected to box (as I keep telling them).
      3. Credit on card viewing reset.

How often does a sky box phone home ? Sky suggested the last successful call was on 04/03/2010, and that somehow suggested the box was not connected to the phone.

No phone problems in the house. BB Ok (could be better, but thats another thread to be).

But each time I call I have to go through the same speil of having the line checked. The box phone home tested and its very frustrating.

Tonight when I got the problem. I decided not to call them. It not a pleasent way to spend the evening.

Any thoughts. Does the credit expire ?, if so why?

And finally, I appologies if all this is already covered elsewhere and I've not seen it.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Cannot order sky box office movies.

I take it the box is on the telephone line via a filter and there are no issues on making calls normally?

Richie Rich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky World HD
      Thanks

As bad as it will be, you may want to ring sky and ask them to ensure the facility to book box office stuff via the remote is switched on on your account. If it's not then thats more than likely the reason why it's not letting you book anything on the remote.

Basically, ask them to ensure IPPV is enabled on your accout.

phmilesc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bluebell Hill
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thanks Guys. IPPV eh. I'll ask. But SKY are sending an engineer on Friday. Dont know what they expect to find. But I'm not going to let them fiddle with anything but the sky box. Which is interesting in that I've already told them the fault was in-situ on the last box I had.

Sky admitted to me today that the SKY box is doing its call backs as normal.

Paul asked about the filter, router its on a NTE5 master socket micro filter, with the ring wire disconnected. And yes calls can be made/received normally via the phone socket and extension.

Richie Rich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky World HD
      Thanks

The fact that your last box did it and now your HD box does it and also that your box is calling back to Sky's systems, personally, i cant see what use an engineer is going to be.

If you can ring up Sky before your engineer visit, try ringing after 11pm and you've got a better chance of getting through to someone in the UK. Just make sure you ask that IPPV is enabled on your account and that should resolve things for you.

Let me know what they say.