Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Movies Onto DVD

This is a discussion on Sky Movies Onto DVD within the Sky Movies forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Hi I've just took up the offer for 5 a month movies for 3 months. Is it possible to record ...

crisiebabe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Movies Onto DVD

Hi
      I've just took up the offer for 5 a month movies for 3 months.
      Is it possible to record any of these movies to a DVD player, are they encrypted?
      If this is possible can anyone recommend a cheap budget DVD recorder. (I think this will go back in the cupboard when not used so looks are not critical)
      Thanks
      Chris

2. Advertisement
      Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: Sky Movies Onto DVD

You can copy any of the films from the main movie channels over to a DVD recorder, I don't know about ppv movies or a DVDR drive in a computer as I haven't tried. As to a cheap DVD recorder, Amazon is a good place to start, I have an Elion DVD R which takes both + and - discs and is reasonably reliable. If you can find them locally Funai for about 100 sell a combined DVD Recorder VCR and Hard Drive. I have one of those attached to the standard sky box and that works fine. If you have Sky + you will need to copy all of the films to RVR before you cancel the movies subscription.

sooty22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01452
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

I have tried using the copy option on the sky plus to copy the movies to dvd and also straight from the movie channel and having the dvd recorder recording but the dvd recorder keeps stopping itself, its as though you are not allowed to copy the movie channels anymore? when i had a vcr it worked. any help?

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

I've never got the copy option to work, I've just got Scart 2 from the Sky + box out to my DVD recorder, and I then hit play (as if I'm watching the film) that has always worked fine.

Thanks

i have been trying to copy movies and other sky programmes from my sky + to dvd as on skys web site and manually but the dvd recorder turns off automatically. i have just rang sky who told me all channels encrypted now? is this right can we not copy anything anymore

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think you are getting mixed up with 'encrypted' and 'protected'. All Sky has always been encrypted, the decryption is done by the Digibox. I don't think anything is copy protected. I regularly copy from the Sky+ box to my LiteOn recorder. To be honest I have never had much success copying direct to DVD, so I copy to the HDD then to DVD if I want to. I found that the sound went out of sync when recording direct to DVD.
      I suspect your DVD recorder may be faulty. You can check this by setting it to record from ordinary TV and see if it works.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

hi i have tried putting programmes on my sky + hdd then copying to dvd the dvd recorder stil turns itself off?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I suspect your DVD recorder may be faulty. You can check this by setting it to record from ordinary TV and see if it works.
      Have you tried this?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

crisiebabe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

I've borrowed a DVD recorder off a friend and it works fine. This model is a couple of years old but works a treat on the movie channels and other channels. I haven't tried it with box office though. It's a Phillips DVDR3380. It's pretty basic- no hard drive but you can edit after you've recorded, before you finalise.
      Chris