Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky Movies Shambles

This is a discussion on Sky Movies Shambles within the Sky Movies forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Well they have made a big mess of this one and at the same time done us out of 2 ...

rickflair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01293
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Movies Shambles

Well they have made a big mess of this one and at the same time done us out of 2 Movie Channels. “Sorry I mean 3 as one channel has been wasted by Sky Movies Premiere +1.

Surely this must be a cut back to save money. Bring back 1-10 & Cinema 1 & 2.
      I have been a dedicated Sky TV user since the start of the old Analogue system and then went straight over to Digital, and this must be the biggest rip off yet.

2. Advertisement
      fredwestie is offline DLM Admin
      Exchange: Shepherds Bush
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Movies Shambles

Really? I love it. I think that the biggest winners are HD customers though. I guess it's all about personal choice. None of us behave in the same way and any time there's a change in TV or on the web we each think "is this better or worse for me?"

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickflair View Post
      Well they have made a big mess of this one and at the same time done us out of 2 Movie Channels. “Sorry I mean 3 as one channel has been wasted by Sky Movies Premiere +1.

Surely this must be a cut back to save money. Bring back 1-10 & Cinema 1 & 2.
      I have been a dedicated Sky TV user since the start of the old Analogue system and then went straight over to Digital, and this must be the biggest rip off yet.
      Couldn't have agreed more!

I have cancelled my movies subs and now only pay £18 a month instead of the £36 they were getting!

fredwestie is offline DLM Admin
      Exchange: Shepherds Bush
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Like I said - you pays your money (or not) and makes your choice. Personally, it's still 450 different movies each week, less daytime filler (dog and disease movies that always seem to feature that girl from Little House on the Prairie) more HD movies, fewer repeats, easier navigation. It suits me fine. But then I hate sport and would like Sky to shut its endless sports channels and play movies on those too...

MickL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horbury Ossett
      Broadband ISP: Max (allegedly)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
      Couldn't have agreed more!

I have cancelled my movies subs and now only pay £18 a month instead of the £36 they were getting!
      I've heard about 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' but this takes the biscuit.

How many 'B' flicks are now being shown 3/4 times a day? This change is all about delivering quality not quantity.

Good old Sky - they've done something for their viewers for a change!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MickL View Post
      I've heard about 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' but this takes the biscuit.

How many 'B' flicks are now being shown 3/4 times a day? This change is all about delivering quality not quantity.

Good old Sky - they've done something for their viewers for a change!
      Yea right, have you checked the planner?

They are still showing the same old crap repeats over and over, but over fewer channels!

Instead of actually showing better content they cut what channels they have and restrict when they are broadcasted so it looks like fewer repeats.

And that keep some fools out there happy!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The +1 channel is pointless as the same films are on the same times each day of the week so you can easily catch/record them. Why anyone would want to watch them an hour later is beyond me. It seems that Sky ran out of ideas so plumped for the +1 channel.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      The +1 channel is pointless as the same films are on the same times each day of the week so you can easily catch/record them. Why anyone would want to watch them an hour later is beyond me. It seems that Sky ran out of ideas so plumped for the +1 channel.
      Your right there, there is no point in having the +1 channel what is it's purpose?

Other than to fill a slot sky ran out of ideas on, otherwise all the movie channels would have had a +1 channel!

Sky TV is going down hill. I have even been thinking of scrapping it for a while, if this dribble carries on then freeview it is for me and I will save a small fourtune in monthly subs!

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

we subscribe to all the movie channels (our entire monthly payment to Sky is £64) and there are 8 people in our house, the easier navigation of the films is great for the kids, they have mentioned it, in fact the words they said when i got in from work yesterday was "movies have changed dad and its better", as for the premier +1 it a good idea for a busy household like mine where you forget things like to set Sky+, how many times have people forgot a film is on only to remember half hour later ? i bet its a lot
      "To help would be a great adventure"

MickL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horbury Ossett
      Broadband ISP: Max (allegedly)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      we subscribe to all the movie channels (our entire monthly payment to Sky is £64) and there are 8 people in our house, the easier navigation of the films is great for the kids, they have mentioned it, in fact the words they said when i got in from work yesterday was "movies have changed dad and its better", as for the premier +1 it a good idea for a busy household like mine where you forget things like to set Sky+, how many times have people forgot a film is on only to remember half hour later ? i bet its a lot
      Agree wholeheartedly! Enough said

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast