Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sky Movies Shambles

This is a discussion on Sky Movies Shambles within the Sky Movies forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; have to agree about the not so 'new movie' format being a waste ! after having the movies sub for ...

squareeyes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Movies Shambles

have to agree about the not so 'new movie' format being a waste ! after having the movies sub for over five years with many hours viewing pleasure i decided to get rid after a poor xmas showing and not really looked back since. Although the three HD movie channels do look apealling, if only i could just pay for those and not the other waste of time ones !!!!

2. Advertisement
      D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youravinalarrrf View Post
      Got to admit I was so impressed with their spot on "market research" I cancelled them as well.

As Catherine Tate's old gran would say......."What a load of old ...."
      Have to agree, Cancelled mine 3 weeks ago as i was sick of paying for same rubbish every month & the premiers have all been real bullshot.And I've not even looked at the listings in 3 weeks either cos i already know whats on.
      But the "market research" thing WHO exactly did sky ask about this change,it wasn't any of the 5 people i know that HAD movies till the change.
      Odd that the woman at sky never said anything when she asked why i was canceling them & i replied "cos they are crap now since the re-brand,same rubbish repeated over & over again & crap Premiers"
      D

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The problem with the premiers is that Sky more or less go and buy every single thing they can from the UK and the US as well as other parts of the world and stick them on.

Unfortunatly the film industry has lost its way and is making more and more poor films basically as now film studios don't finance films anymore, banks do and so all that banks want is a quick return on their money, they are not interested in making a good film.

Although in the last week the best new film I saw wasn't from the premiere channel but was in anytime as a Sky Indie film and it was "Election" and was paid and made by MTV, and the other good film this week was ghost rider.

For me though Sky movies is still good value, both my wife and myself are disabled (I use a wheelchair) and our local cineworld is very poor when dealing with disabled customers. It got so bad the last film we paid to see was the last part of Lord of The Rings, and when we got free tickets to see Beowulf they were even worse with dealing with disabled customers than before.

So as far as I am concerned Sky movies is the only way I get to see films and the 10 sub and the 10 HD is well worth it as long as I watch 2 films a month I am up on the deal and it comes with a lot less greif.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

rage99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fredwestie View Post
      LBut then I hate sport and would like Sky to shut its endless sports channels and play movies on those too...
      Yeah, im sure they would just cancel their sports channels which show English Football which is the biggest sport in the world just because of you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123