Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Faulty SKY+ HD Box DRX890-Z 250GB ?? can it be saved??

This is a discussion on Faulty SKY+ HD Box DRX890-Z 250GB ?? can it be saved?? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; My Box appears to be developing a Fault since a switched my old Hitachi 720 tv for a 1080 Smart ...

thomastt37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Faulty SKY+ HD Box DRX890-Z 250GB ?? can it be saved??

My Box appears to be developing a Fault since a switched my old Hitachi 720 tv for a 1080 Smart TV from Aldi.I usually put my box in standby at night,but recently when I boot it up,the green light comes on but the Sky TV HDMI is not recognised as the box appears to have crashed? When i remove the mains plug and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes,then plug back in,after a while the green light returns and I can get a picture on the TV.
      I have done several EPG defrags of the hard drive,but as soon as I turn it off again,the problem recurs I am wondering if there is a problem with the hard drive.?I have anothe Sky box,its an earlier model that didnt have the Wifi installed in the box and has a wifi box attached externally by usb cable.I dont want to change the box over, unless i have to as I have some programmes recorded on it that I want to watch.But if I do need to change it is there any Tutorial I can read before hand for this procedure and resyncing the Viewing Card..Any help would be appreciated Michael

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Faulty SKY+ HD Box DRX890-Z 250GB ?? can it be saved??

With the exception of the USB wi-fi adaptor both boxes have the same basic connections so turn the box off using the remote then the mains wall switch and disconnect all connected cables (take care with the dish cable connections that you unscrew the connector from the box and not from the cables).

Swap the boxes and reconnect all cables taking care not to bend or damage the soft copper centre pin (cable core) of the dish connections.

Transfer your viewing card to the replacement box and power up.

To pair the viewing card go to:
      https://www.sky.com/myaccount/tv/card-pairing
      and follow the instructions therein.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

thomastt37 (09-06-20)

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Faulty SKY+ HD Box DRX890-Z 250GB ?? can it be saved??

If you connect to WiFi first, insert viewing card and switch to a sky channel or try to record, you should get an on screen message, ‘Press ok to pair card now’ Also plenty of second hand boxes on auction sites for 10 - 20, probably cheaper than getting yours fixed.