Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Confused about Sky packages

This is a discussion on Confused about Sky packages within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've been a Sky TV customer for about 20 years now and I used to find it easy to understand ...

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD DRX890W
      Thanks

Confused about Sky packages

I've been a Sky TV customer for about 20 years now and I used to find it easy to understand their packages but now when I try to see what options I have it seems amazingly confusing. For example my package includes the Variety bundle at 32 per month but when I look at their TV prices it says there is a bundle called Entertainment at 20 per month but I can't see any reference to the Variety bundle except on my bill.

There is no place where you get an idea of how much it would cost to have different combinations of everything that they have to offer. I have just obtained a Sky HD box from a friend who upgraded to Sky Q so am looking to see how much I might have to pay to change my package to include HD channels and maybe Sports HD channels as I have the full Sports package at 27.50 per month at present. My total Sky package at present comes to 59.50 per month. I have heard that some people have transferred to Sky Q and are paying the same as before, Is this possible? I am feeling that I am paying too much as the Variety pack seems to be now 20 and not 32.... I haven't really changed my package for a few years now and so perhaps this explains why I am feeling so confused.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Confused about Sky packages

Just had a look it is a little confusing! I think the 20 package is the entry level when signing for 18 months but I don’t think it includes box sets and maybe not even HD.
      I would ring them and see what sort of deal you can get.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Koala5 For This Useful Post:

bryan (28-12-17)

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD DRX890W
      Thanks

Re: Confused about Sky packages

I phoned Sky yesterday and they offered me 6 per month to have HD channels and boxsets on a 12 month contract and 2 per month for 18 months to have HD Sports channels (a reduction of 4 per month). I'm not sure why they tie me into a 12 month contract for the boxsets bit considering I acquired the HD box from someone else but the HD Sports bit is a good deal it seems to me. This means my total bill will become 67.50 per month for at least 12 months although I have 31 days cooling off period in which I can cancel..