Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ HD Unexpected recordings

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD Unexpected recordings within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I checked my planner yesterday evening and was surprised to find that episode one of the latest series of "The ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky+ HD Unexpected recordings

I checked my planner yesterday evening and was surprised to find that episode one of the latest series of "The West Wing" had been recorded. As it's a programme that I have never watched or ever intend to watch I deleted it and removed today's episode from scheduled recordings.

At four o'clock this afternoon I noticed that the recording led was illuminated so checked my planner and found that episode two was being recorded. After deleting the recording I checked the TV guide and found that episode three was flagged for recording so removed the flag and checked for scheduled recording in my planner. No sign of "The West Wing" but there is an entry for the next series of Westworld. Could the future recording logic have mistaken "The West Wing" for Westworld?

I haven't deleted Westworld as I would like to record it if there is another series. I am waiting with interest to see whether tomorrows episodes are recorded.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD Unexpected recordings

Well despite having removed all trace of "The West Wing" from my planner, just before four o'clock this afternoon I noticed the recording led was illuminated and a quick check of my planner showed that the next episode of this series was being recorded. After deleting it I was relieved to see in the TV guide that the next episode was not going to be recorded however this relief was short lived as a red "R" appeared there right in front of my eyes. I immediately pressed the record button to remove the offending flag and jumped forward 24 hours to remove the flag on tomorrows episode.

This is getting annoying!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Since this started happening have you done a planner rebuild as I have read that doing this can put a stop to this.

Thanks

The good news is there hasn't been any unexpected recordings today.
      Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Since this started happening have you done a planner rebuild as I have read that doing this can put a stop to this.
      I hadn't but have now. As far as I can see it has resulted in two changes to my planner, "The West Wing next episode" has appeared and "Dark Matter" has been scheduled.

The Dark Matter entry makes sense as there was already a "Dark Matter next series" entry there though interestingly the new entry doesn't show a series link and the green button will not add one. I'm debating whether to delete the West Wing entry but am worried that by doing so I'll be back to square one.