Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DRX895 No Satellite Signal Received

This is a discussion on DRX895 No Satellite Signal Received within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have a DRX895 1TB box which is several years old. Just before Christmas I got a no satellite signal ...

spadge007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middleton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

DRX895 No Satellite Signal Received

I have a DRX895 1TB box which is several years old. Just before Christmas I got a no satellite signal received message on screen. After playing around with the LNB inputs (in the end I cut the end of both wires and attached the screw on f connector to a fresh bit of cable) the box has worked correctly since.

Yesterday the message reappeared. If I remove one of the inputs the picture returns and the signal status (under services in the EPG) show a good signal is being received. When both wires are connected the signal is good on both inputs but the picture stutters and I get the blue screen with no satellite signal message. At the moment I only have LNB 1 connected.

Am I correct in thinking the tuner is faulty as I am sure there are no problems with the dish and connections (going to test later with a DRX890). If it is a faulty tuner are they repairable?

I might swap the 1.5TB hard drive from the DRX895 into a DRX890 as I believe this should work. We have lots of recordings which I don't want to loose.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: DRX895 No Satellite Signal Received

Have tried putting the other lead that you currently have disconnected into LNB1 on its own? Just to see if there is actually signal coming down the other cable.

spadge007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middleton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: DRX895 No Satellite Signal Received

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Have tried putting the other lead that you currently have disconnected into LNB1 on its own? Just to see if there is actually signal coming down the other cable.
      Yes, both cables seem to be ok when used on their own. Tried a drx890 box I borrowed and the same problem occurs. I've got sky coming out on Thursday to change the dish and cables.