Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Amstrad DRX895 issues

This is a discussion on Amstrad DRX895 issues within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; As I reported back in January my 1TB Amstrad DRX895 is occasionally having issues. Some programmes which were recorded a ...

geoffwba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Amstrad DRX895 issues

As I reported back in January my 1TB Amstrad DRX895 is occasionally having issues. Some programmes which were recorded a good while ago cannot be played back and I have to delete them. Other programmes from the same era play perfectly well. Sometimes when recording a programme, it is only partly recorded or fails completely, although the dish connection is OK and I am getting a decent signal. The firmware is R011.075.52.00p and the box is about 69% full. I am wondering whether it might be worth upgrading to a 2TB box and if so, what make and model is this box? I've been a Sky customer for many years now and so would hope to get a new box at a discounted price if I decide to go down that route.

2. Advertisement
      vfx
      vfx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub 2 SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD x4 MS
      Thanks

Re: Amstrad DRX895 issues

The 1TB boxes were flaky. Mine got to the stage it wouldn't come out of standby. No button combination/power cycle would resolve it. Only found that out last year searching once I ran into these issues. It also suffered lots of lockups even in standby. Though the 2TB boxes have been rock solid for me. Non wireless. Only have some issues with the standard 500GB box at the moment.

If at some point you were to go the 2TB box it would be the built in optional wireless version. DRX895-WL, I think…