Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unresponsive STB

This is a discussion on Unresponsive STB within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; My DRX890 and DRX895 are both now updated my 890 is working fine its a lot quicker and more responsive ...

Lucas Sky Walker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: 2TB DRX895W x2
      Thanks

Unresponsive STB

My DRX890 and DRX895 are both now updated my 890 is working fine its a lot quicker and more responsive on the on demand via the wireless adapter but my 895 2tb wont boot up I've tried force update but it just shows a red led for about 10 seconds then shows the normal amber led for about a second then back to the red led and doesn't do anything also i cant here the hard drive start up when i reset it which you can normally hear since the 2tb model has quite a loud hard drive compared to my 890 i am just wondering Is there such thing as the box being stuck in an update loop

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Unresponsive STB

Could I ask you to do the following please:

Unplug the DRX895 from the mains and leave it unplugged for a good minute.

Now plug it in and allow the STB to reboot.

After about 5 minutes press the <Sky> button on your Sky remote control to wake it up. The DRX895 should take around 2-5 minutes to restart.

If you could let us know either way wwhat happens please. In the mean time, if this doesn't get it going again, please do call Sky on 08442 411 653

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.