Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Like Tree37Likes

Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Unfortunately 'nevermiss' doesn't always work either, at least not for me. Granted, it is far more reliable than series link ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

Unfortunately 'nevermiss' doesn't always work either, at least not for me.

Granted, it is far more reliable than series link but so is a 1974 austin allegro.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Granted, it is far more reliable than series link but so is a 1974 austin allegro.
      My better half took driving lessons in one of them but mistook the first A for an R.
      gymno likes this.

vfx
      vfx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub 2 SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD x4 MS
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Does anyone else remember the good old days when there'd be only one or two updates per year?

New features are great but what's the rush sky?
      Why not test everything properly first & then release it, instead of having all these little bug fix revisions?

Oh & a stronger emphasis on having current features fully working before releasing new ones would be good too.
      Ahum - series link - ahum.
      My memory seems to be a complete blank for Sky boxes and updates before 2011. Apart from the analogue days. :s

Yet I can barely remember this EPG. TV Guide - New Sky HD EPG - Digital Spy

abenn13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01252
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Can confirm that my DRX895 has upgraded to R012.079.50.00P from R012.079.47.00P - message to Scubbie - please update the STB firmware versions table.

I have seen elsewhere on the internet that this included:-

Stability fixes and an issue where the the box may display the message "There are no programs of this type" when entering the OnDemand menus if you have not entered them in a while has been fixed.

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

How is it decided who & when upgrades are done ?
      I got knocked down to R011 frm R012 some time ago now and am still waiting for it to at least revert to R012, whilst others are getting updates who are already on R012.
      Is it decided by regions or model of box or subscription packages or anything else ?
      Last edited by 146Kg; 19-09-15 at 09:48 PM.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

AFAIK viewing card serial number, though box type may be a factor if different boxes use a different firmware image.

Nsewell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky has several ways they can target a box with an update. They can target everything from an individual box, to every box of a certain model. Region doesn't come into it though.

There is no straight answer really. The whole rollout is flexible and can change depending on feedback collated from several sources. This feedback is used to decide if another batch of boxes should be updated and if they should increase the number updated in the next batch etc.

Sometimes throughout the rollout there is a newer release of code created which fixes the odd issue which has been discovered.

When this is ready to go public the decision has to be made as to whether the issue that it fixes is serious enough to warrant updating those already on an affected release first.

Or whether it is not serious enough and they should prioritise instead updating those on the previous branch version to the latest branch version and switch those on an earlier release of the same branch version to the newer release at a later date.

For example the decision has to be made whether what R012.079.50.00P fixes is serious enough to warrant switching those who are already on R012.079.47.00P to R012.079.50.00P first. Instead of switching those who are on R011 to R012.079.50.00P first and and switching those on R012.079.47.00P to R012.079.50.00P at a later date.

(Note also that when a fix for an issue is developed the decision also has to be made as to whether the issue it fixes is serious enough to warrant creating and rolling out a new release as oppose to just waiting and including the fix in the next scheduled release).

With respect to you being downgraded from R011 to R012, as far as I'm aware this was accidental and you will eventually be re-switched to R012. In fact I though all those that were downgraded already had been.

The first two batches of boxes that were switched to R012 received R012.079.47.00P and these were definitely switched onto R012.079.50.00P on September 9th.

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

There are more important things in life to consider, it works, it is not like it is actually faulty, but I was surprised to see the return of the kids channel highlighted after the last "upgrade" only to later discover it was in fact a downgrade. The TV guide & planner are a bit more clunky to use, so fingers crossed for it reverting this week and that it doesn't interfere with Monday Night Football being recorded.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Firmware version R012.079.50.00P for DRX890 & DRX895 boxes is now available to download via the DR stream.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

lettice (21-09-15),seawright (21-09-15)

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Just upgraded.
      Only thing that's changed then for me as I do not have movies, is changing over the kids hoempage tab to sports, a welcome option.
      But that sports tab is pretty useless really, it only lists the sports channels in the 400s, which you can do via the tvguide. There is plenty of sport, especially the next few weeks on other channels, like the rugby world cup on itv and itv4 and on the quest channel that are not listed in there.

I'm sure I heard that movies now had rotten tomatoes ratings, not seeing any.

Edit: Eco mode works again. Was not working on the R011.075.64.00P firmware.
      Last edited by lettice; 22-09-15 at 09:37 AM.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast