Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Like Tree37Likes

Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I'm in need of some of that force, my box got downgraded to the Peppa Pig version and I'm still ...

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

I'm in need of some of that force, my box got downgraded to the Peppa Pig version and I'm still waiting for it to to revert to RO12.
      Has anybody got their planner working as it should and what version of software does this ? Even when I had RO12 it was still looking for the start of the next series of several things but not recording any of them when the series did return.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 146Kg View Post
      I'm in need of some of that force, my box got downgraded to the Peppa Pig version and I'm still waiting for it to to revert to RO12.
      I believe that the issue was identified and R012 should now be rolling out correctly once more.

Has anybody got their planner working as it should and what version of software does this ? Even when I had RO12 it was still looking for the start of the next series of several things but not recording any of them when the series did return.
      Picking up the next episodes or the first of a new series has been a major headache since R009 was released. I believe that the issue is being addressed but its really messing things up in the mean time.

Yet again The Sky At Night is missing from the planners this Sunday and yet again its bee added manually.

With September being one of the busiest for new series starting, you can be sure that this issue will be red flagged frequently.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Fingers crossed for a Saturday morning update/revert (Steelers-Patriots recording should prevent any update on Friday morning) scanning through the listings was better before the downgrade. Do they update over a weekend ? I have only seen weekday updates.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Fingers crossed for a Saturday morning update/revert (Steelers-Patriots recording should prevent any update on Friday morning) scanning through the listings was better before the downgrade. Do they update over a weekend ? I have only seen weekday updates.
      I've never known sky boxes to be updated on a weekend.
      I believe most people have been reporting updates occurring during the early hours of wednesday mornings for R012.

Unfortunately, the updates do take priority & so will interrupt any recordings that are running at the time.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

An interesting post from james payne on digital spy, hes a tease, but a reliable sky source;

Goodness , has it really been that long ? More update ramblings. - Sky - Digital Spy Forums

Isn't it a. damn bugger when you're waiting for the latest software to be downloaded to your box , only to wake up & realise that you were not on Sky's hit list for that week. Not only that , but when you do have it , have used for a couple of weeks , you then wake up & realise it's been taken away & rolled back (See another thread). Oh well , but tbf the update & roll back button are rather close & similar on that flashing desk.
      Oh but hold on , it gets better.
      No sooner do you eventually get the latest update , but you want the newer version of the latest update to be newer still & updated again !
      Ok . stay with me here.
      What's that , fed up with pressing that download button too many times when wanting the entire series/box set ?
      You want even more pictures across multiple screens when searching/browsing ?
      You want the next episode to start automatically instead of pressing a button whilst having a view fest on a lazy Sunday afternoon ?
      You really are a greedy bunch of Sky + users !
      Well all I'll say is keep an eye out on your box , oh & hope they start to paint those all important 2 buttons different colours.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Does anyone else remember the good old days when there'd be only one or two updates per year?

New features are great but what's the rush sky?
      Why not test everything properly first & then release it, instead of having all these little bug fix revisions?

Oh & a stronger emphasis on having current features fully working before releasing new ones would be good too.
      Ahum - series link - ahum.
      Scubbie likes this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

As recently mentioned on the Sky site and cross-posted here, the stated intentions by Sky is now to release 3 or 4 public firmware updates a year at the present time.

As for the number of beta updates... Well I guess you could say its in double figures

Of course anyone involved in the beta testing, who actually knows what is going on with each version before it goes public, aren't allowed to discuss it. So I wouldn't read too much into what 'james payne' writes.

The developers keep away from the forums, so you won't find anything posted by them.

In the mean time the roll-out of R012 appears to be back on course. This should mean that everyone will have it in time for Christmas.

The series links issue is something that "up sets" a lot of people. It is raised frequently across the boards and I'd personally love to light a Bunsen burner under someone's seat if that would be enough to get the whole charade resolved.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Instead of a planner scheduled tab choked with "next series" entries I think Sky should have developed the "Never Miss" function to automatically schedule a recording and include the details of this in the notification email.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Instead of a planner scheduled tab choked with "next series" entries I think Sky should have developed the "Never Miss" function to automatically schedule a recording and include the details of this in the notification email.
      Agreed but "Sky knows best" when it comes to what the customer wants! Will you never learn?!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 20.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

True, you would think that as they can manage to send never miss emails when something is about to restart, and they can also send a remote command to the box to add something to the schedule it would not be beyond the realms of logic to tie the two together, or, are the programmers like I am sometimes, missing the b******g obvious!
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast