Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Like Tree37Likes

Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by seawright While confirming that R011.075.59.00P is still on the DR stream for the DRX595L I noticed an ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      While confirming that R011.075.59.00P is still on the DR stream for the DRX595L I noticed an error in the note.
      Whoops! I wonder how long that was like that . Thanks. All sorted now.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Coming thick and fast now. on the drx890, so assume on the drx895 as well.
      No benefit to me, do not take sky movies.

R012.079.47.00P

Listed changes:
      Watch From Start
      Never miss the start of a Sky Movie again if your Sky+HD box is connected to broadband. When selecting a Sky Movie that has already started, after the Search & Scan banner has dissapeared a message will appear in the bottom left of the screen prompting you to press Green to Watch from Start.
      Once Green is pressed the box will then start downloading the movie from OnDemand and play it back. If the movie has been pushed to the boxes reserved storage by Sky then playback will begin instantly.
      If you dismiss this message by pressing Back Up you can still Watch From Start by pressing Select to display the Search & Scan banner and then pressing Green.
      Watchlist
      A ‘Watchlist” tab has been added to the Sky Movies section. You can add movies to your Watchlist from the Sky Movies sections by pressing Green when a movie is highlighted. You can then press the Green button again to “Go to Watchlist”.
      Movies in your Watchlist will be displayed in the order in which they were added to the list, with newest added first. However while in the Watchlist tab you can sort your Watchlist by pressing the Blue “Sort” button and selecting one of the following options:
      A-Z: Sorts your Watchlist by alphabetical order.

Press release on it too from sky
      https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...to-sky-movies_
      Last edited by lettice; 20-08-15 at 08:37 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (20-08-15)

Thanks

Yep - R012 has starting shipping out this morning to a relatively small group of STBs.

I've posted more on this firmware update here: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-h...date-r012.html

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Have there been any issues reported with R011.075.64.00P?

My DRX890 hasn't been quite right since i manually updated on the 18th.

vfx
      vfx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub 2 SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD x4 MS
      Thanks

I'm glad the option to switch Kids back to Sports is available.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Have there been any issues reported with R011.075.64.00P?

My DRX890 hasn't been quite right since i manually updated on the 18th.
      I'm not sure of any specific issues with the latest version of R011. I would suggest that it is safe to say that its stable enough for the development team not to want to roll back to an earlier version on the DR Stream nor will there be another R011 update made now.

Hopefully you won't have too long to wait until R012 arrives on you box.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie
      Hopefully you won't have too long to wait until R012 arrives on you box.
      I hope so too Scubbie.
      Apparently R012 does contain bug fixes along with the new movie related features.

I downloaded 64.00P again today on the off-chance it'll help.
      I've never had a box update cause such an immediate detrimental effect before, so maybe the first one was dodgy in some way?

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Whats happening gymno, 64.00P has been fine for me on my drx890 for the short time we have had it, previous release had no trouble either.

Edit: Just noticed from my router logs and I thought so, that eco mode has not been working in 64.00P. Its on and ive just un enabled and re enabled it, so will see tonight.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Whats happening gymno, 64.00P has been fine for me on my drx890 for the short time we have had it, previous release had no trouble either.

Edit: Just noticed from my router logs and I thought so, that eco mode has not been working in 64.00P. Its on and ive just un enabled and re enabled it, so will see tonight.
      Eco mode has continued working for me, at least according to the box's uptime yesterday.
      Can never really check in the router logs unless i'm up early because of all the intrusions (only goes back so far.)

After the first update, i quickly checked i had 64.00P on the details page then popped the box into standby for approximately 90 minutes.

When i switched back on, remote commands whilst navigating the EPG were a little slow.
      Navigating the scheduled tab of the planner was ok, so i went to use search for alternative broadcasts of programmes i was going to miss or clashed.
      Typing in the search box was ok, but when i pressed [select] it took about 30 seconds to respond.
      Scrolling through results was ok, but again pressing [select] to set a reminder took about 30 seconds to respond.
      I went through the search procedure again with a different programme & it was the same story, only this time the box took nearer a whole minute to respond after pressing [select].

So at this point i opted to do a planner rebuild, only it got stuck on the "Housekeeping" page.
      After 10 minutes of that i turned the box fully off by holding down the power button on the box.
      This seemed to work because the TV screen went black & the box's red light came on, however the light quickly changed to amber all by itself & i had the 'Sky+HD please wait' message on screen.
      After that, planner navigation was ok but the 2nd reminder i'd set before wasn't there.
      So i did another rebuild & this time all was well.

I hardly used the box yesterday (19th) but did watch 3 recordings & that all went fine.

Today (20th) i switched on to find several random channels in the EPG are displaying 'Synopsis information not available' or similar.
      Then, the first recording i've done since updating (Black Sabbath programme on sky arts 9:30-10:00 this morning) is labelled 'Part Rec, Technical Fault 7 (33)'.

I may have forgotten 1 or 2 details.

Thanks

During the beta testing period the development team will throw in any suitable corrections to fix known issues whether in the current public firmware or in the beta firmware.

As a result the beta testers do normally witness a larger than normal number of problems. These are duly reported and normally fixed in the next update or a within a couple of updates at least.

I know from the reports on the forums that there were a couple of issues outstanding on R011. I don't know the specifics of which ones were addressed during the beta testing or the revised updates. Even if I did I couldn't provide that information on the forums without checking first.

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast