Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Like Tree37Likes

Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; It would be helpful to include the date released onto the DR Stream in the table above for those of ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

It would be helpful to include the date released onto the DR Stream in the table above for those of us who don't remember the version numbers and are never sure whether the version shown is the old one or the new one we have been waiting for.
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Noted JPL. Not today, but I can look at doing this at a later date.

Sadly for the present time I still have no news on a new firmware update for the Samsung, DRX780 and Pace STBs.

If it helps the first part (i.e. R005, R008) indicates a major version change. The DRX89x series are currently getting R008. Any difference in the last part will generally indicate minor changes which can include bug fixes.

When we have news which can be posted on the Samsung, Pace and DRX780 STBs, we will post it. Sky did state that they intended to release an update in this Autumn. There is still a little time left, but the silence indicates that this date may slip.

As for the DRX595, apart from the new on-line search and dial-home features, it can do all that the latest firmware on the DRX89x STBs can do. There are a couple of exceptions, but this required a hard drive for one and I don't believe that the USB port has been enabled for the Mini WiFi adapter. Since this means that the Sky+ app can not connect, I guess it isn't a priority for now.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Hot off the press, so to speak...

R008.063.49.08P should now be filtering out to the DRX89x series of STBs. This may start tonight for a few hundred thousand or so of them.

Currently R008 is NOT on the DR Stream so please do not attempt to perform a forced update just now as you'll get the R007 firmware (unless this is what you actually want of course). If you already have a R008 firmware please do not worry, the issues fixed are relatively minor and should not impact your viewing.

Again the roll-out of this revised firmware will normally take about 6 weeks to complete as Sky are in the habit of staggering these updates. This avoids the potential of a lot of phone calls to Sky's Customer Services all at the same time. With over 8 million Sky+ HD STBs out there and the DRX89x series being the most popular, there is a lot to update.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

I got this R008.063.49.08P on my 890 last night, was on 998 this morning.
      Had R008.063.49.06P update on the 10th Oct on this box.

Thanks

Thank you lettice.

Based upon previous experience, I would expect the next batch to receive theirs next week then.

What I should of also asked is that should anyone have an issue with this latest version, please do start a new thread (or contribute to an existing one if someone else has the same problem) and those of us who can will raise this with the development team as and where required.

It helps to know what you were doing at the time, such as watching which programme/film on what channel and time/date too. If it was a recording, again as much information that you can supply about it is useful please. If it is something that you are not happy disclosing (i.e. an adult channel) on the forum, please send a PM to me if you prefer.

Thanks

Table updated to show that R008.063.49.08P is now available on the DR Stream for the DRX89x series.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Meteosat (06-11-13)

spike18_06 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01924
      Broadband ISP: Utility Warehouse Discount Club
      Router: NETGEAR DGND4000
      Sky TV: DRX895 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Thank you lettice.

Based upon previous experience, I would expect the next batch to receive theirs next week then.

What I should of also asked is that should anyone have an issue with this latest version, please do start a new thread (or contribute to an existing one if someone else has the same problem) and those of us who can will raise this with the development team as and where required.

It helps to know what you were doing at the time, such as watching which programme/film on what channel and time/date too. If it was a recording, again as much information that you can supply about it is useful please. If it is something that you are not happy disclosing (i.e. an adult channel) on the forum, please send a PM to me if you prefer.

i have raised the concern on sky's forum, but when is the boxes Samsung, Pace, Amstrad DRX780 & DRX595 going to be updated sky did say by the end of Autumn well thats nearly come and gone so whats the news? i dont have any of these boxes but i just feel for customers that do, that appear to lose out on these new features.

R008.063.49.08P

Samsung, Pace & Amstrad DRX780 & DRX595 - R008.063... - Sky Community

Robbie
      Scubbie and seawright like this.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Just turned my HD box on and found that my older Samsung box was updated to R008.063.71.00P overnight here. Seems odd as that now has a newer version of the EPG than my Amstrad DRX890 which is still on R007.061.49.00P?

I think that's the first time I've ever seen the Sammy box been updated before the Amstrad box!

Edit to add - just tried a forced update on the Amstrad DR890 box and that has now upgraded to R008.063.49.08P

One thing I have noticed is that there's no option on the Samsung box for Digital Audio Output - HDMI like there is on the Amstrad box. I presume that's down to the box capabilities.
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 13-11-13 at 07:28 PM.
      Scubbie likes this.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Bugger.

Have just seen this...... My sky box with my DENON 3312 has been working perfectly. yesterday and today i am now getting the HDCP issue......

I'm at work currently so no idea what version im on but i'm guessing it's been updated....

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Rex View Post
      Bugger.

Have just seen this...... My sky box with my DENON 3312 has been working perfectly. yesterday and today i am now getting the HDCP issue......

I'm at work currently so no idea what version im on but i'm guessing it's been updated....
      If it is a firmware issue a forced update should still return you to the R005 software but make a note of your current system details first so that you will know not to do a forced update when your current version appears on the DR download stream.

Edit: Before rolling back the Sky firmware it might be a good idea to check whether your Denon box is running the latest firmware just in case they have produced a fix for this issue.

Had assumed you were referring to a Samsung box as these have just has an update if it's a DRX 890 then please ignore this post.
      Last edited by seawright; 15-11-13 at 07:38 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

Angel_Rex (15-11-13)

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast