Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

2 sky+hd boxes but no record on one

This is a discussion on 2 sky+hd boxes but no record on one within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I got 2 sky+hd boxes (both Amstrad DRX890-C's) installed in early April. The nice man installed the dish, drilled ...

R2fs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01404
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

2 sky+hd boxes but no record on one

Hi

I got 2 sky+hd boxes (both Amstrad DRX890-C's) installed in early April.
      The nice man installed the dish, drilled holes, ran cables and we were sorted. Sky multi room was installed.

Both boxes were demo'd to me and both recorded and paused live TV, everyone was happy and the nice man left.

The next day i wanted to record some Only Fools movies but the box wouldnt do anything and gave an error and told me to call sky. The other box worked fine.

I called sky and was told one box was down on their system as a sky HD box with no record feature and they would change this at no extra charge so that i could record. It was fixed......or so i thought!!!!

Almost straight away i was informed the other box would not record or pause.

Back to sky and over several weeks i am no closer to getting both boxes to record at the same time.

I have been treated as if i was lying and told that 1 of my boxes does not physically have those features...but it does as i have seen both boxes in action myself

My wife in physically disabled and cant get out of bed most days so her PC and TV are all she has to do. How can i sort this for her?

And she is registered with Sky's Disability Dept but they are no help on this matter

Any help would be great. Sorry Ive finished waffling now

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 2 sky+hd boxes but no record on one

There isn't much you can do other than to keep on to Sky. When you do call them ask them what boxes they have done for you, as it seems like they might have made a mistake on one of them, perhaps they think you have standard box that you can't record on. Tell them you have two 890s and that you need this fixed now, be polite but firm, if they say they can't do it ask to speak to some senior.

R2fs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01404
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply Alan but i have done all you have suggested already
      Sky have me down as having 1 sky+hd box and 1 standard hd box with no record feature. They have a mistake on their system.

After several long calls to them where i was very polite but firm i asked for a manager today and i got called back. We were both very polite to each other and there was questions about a 3rd sky box(i assume this was from an earlier conversation where some chap said he would change the system to reflect the right box and put the + features on for no extra cost, it didn't work)

Anyway the manager took details from me from both boxes and got them both recording and pausing live TV(but not at the same time) so sky knows they are both capable even though they are adamant that there is no hard drive in it and it physically cannot record

I was told that the system cannot make the change as it thinks i have a standard box. When asked if i could pay to have the features i was told i would have to have a box capable and it would cost me 101 even though i have the right box!!!!

How can this get resolved? Are there any sky staff on this forum that know how to fix this? Please.

So Alan thanks for your comments but they dont help as i have done all that but sadly they dont help

I think Sky's customer service is crap and i told the manager/senior so. I have been hung up on and called a liar in so many words. They have accused my partner of shouting at them when she has never spoken to them and certainly would not shout at them.

Not a good start considering i have only been with them since April 9th

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

This is a system error and will only be fixed if it's forwarded to the IT Department over at Sky. If you got both your boxes from Sky then you stand a better chance of getting it sorted.

For now it would be best to send them an email via My Sky describing your communication so far and urge them to make the relevant changes to your account to resolve this.

cimmerian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

[B]ok OBVIOUSLY you people don't work for sky if you do you didnt read the posts and absorb the information within and i can guess why ..
      he said he did all that and WE DID GET THE BOX FROM SKY ..
      i told my lovely husband to call the engineer and ask him to fix it since all you people keep implying that we did not get the box from sky or you doubt... you all keep repeating "IF YOU GOT YOUR BOX FROM SKY"...
      if i didn't get it from sky i would have got a chipped ones so i i would not have to deal with this s*it... i have SLE and don't need the stress
      i switched from bt after 7 years to avoid stupid people telling me stupid things since switching from bt all i have got is problems ...this is getting stupidly old
      if anyone who WANTS TO READ THE POST MY HUSBAND PUT instead of just looking at his icon and assuming hes an idiot rather then reading
      its set to a leaf for me i have the pain management problem that cant be fixed im the one that is disabled and im the one getting annoyed at the utter stupidity of you people... we are both computer technicians and i have a masters also a ccni and my husband and i were both school teachers this is getting insulting and annoying

READ THE POST WE HAVE DONE ALL YOU SAID AND MORE ITS BEEN STATED

how about some help that's relevant and we don't have more chance if we got the box from sky because we have called sky and spent loads of money since we also get our phone from sky on them.. begging them to fix it and put it back the way it was before they turned on our phone ... you people think were all criminals , or possibly stupid both of which do not apply to either my husband or myself

we are not my boyfriend is welsh im AMERICAN and im disgusted at the very thought that u people think every one is a damn thief who didn't get the box from sky

as stated if i didn't get it from sky i would have got it chipped so i wouldn't have to deal with this sh*t if you people cant help then say that but don't answer stupid **** that is not relevant after skim reading a post that you assume is put there by an idiot... there are no stupid questions but there are some very stupid answers and we have seen a sample of that today ...this is supposed to be a HELP FORUM
      not a answer with the same standard answers that untrained phone technicians who know NOTHING give you over the damn phone ...

this is stupid you are not a help forum and apparently no technicians want to help this disabled and aggravated woman ... sky apparently needs to pay their support team ALOT MORE because the lack of support i can only assume is a problem from with in and the abusive staff that i got were that way not because i asked them to do their damn jobs but because they aren't getting paid enough to do them

useless

also your php forum needs fixed it doesn't like advanced html code

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Cimmerian,

First of all this is not an official Sky forum. Incase you haven't noticed it says so right at the top so I am not sure what your fuss is all about. Regarding your query; Nobody here implied that your boxes were stolen/chipped. The reason I said if you got your boxes from Sky is because this way they would have them on their system that two sky+ hd boxes were ordered on your account and should resolve this. However it is not necessary to buy from Sky directly and you can get these boxes off ebay or satellite shops and pair them with your viewing. It is perfectly legal to do so. Even if you did this Sky should be able to tell whether your boxes are compatible with Sky+ or not using the version number.

I replied to your query because I was in the same situation as you a year ago and achieved the desired result via email. I received the following email from Sky at that time with regards to my complaint and this is exactly why I mentioned the I.T department in my post above.

Dear Mr _____

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre. I have tried to call you today to discuss your email regarding Sky+ on your multi room subscription. I have sent your information to our IT department to have this issue resolved as you should be able to use Sky+ on both your boxes simultaneously.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind regards
      Karen
      Sky Help Centre
      Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment
      I am not sure whether it's your disability or if you have smoked yourself retarded but this kind of attitude will not get you anywhere with Sky.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Exdee For This Useful Post:

Pengwern (27-05-11)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

@Cimmerian,

Maybe you would like to go to the Official Sky Forum and vent your spleen there. We are an Unofficial forum and do not have to put up with abusive posters. If the tone of your post is anything to go by, I am not surprised that your abusive attitude was returned in kind by Sky Help.

You will find the Official forum here-
      Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I guess the wording around the logo at the top of the page isn't enough....

Pengwern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNOSW
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Computer Technicians and school teachers, yet you cannot find the key to the left of "\", which makes a capital letter; also available to the right of "/". Plus the "." key can also be used to denote the end of a sentence!

FWIW I'd already put 2+2 together to link his "leafy" avatar, with your disability. Although I'd wrongly assumed you had MS.

Everyone on here posting help and advice does so in their own time, without reward from Sky. There may be sky employees on here, but it is an unofficial forum and they offer advice "off the record".